What if you had to throw in your star asset to broker a deal owls?

Would you be happy with the departure of Madine as a part-x for Marshall??  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with the departure of Madine as a part-x for Marshall??

Ok there you go finally I thought of a thread for the Owls fans on here, I apologise that I have taken a while, it's not that I was bias towards your rivals I merely couldn't find anything decent to post about at the time but lets give this one a shot. (I've even added a poll for you :hihi:)

I'm not in any way shape or form saying this would happen, I wouldn't know whether it would or not but I thought I would throw out the scenario.

Anyway Sheffield Wednesday have publicised their ambition to secure the services of Ben Marshall, Danny Batth and Steven Bywater on permanent deals in January. Therefore I wondered whether you deemed the services of any of the above decent enough to part with Gary Madine as part of the deal?

Reading on here the fans favourite seems to be Ben Marshall therefore if you would consider letting Madine go i'd imagine it would have to be to broker a deal to secure the services of him.

I think in League One you have to set your mindset to losing your better players, when we went down to the Championship I knew that any of our better players could move on but hoped decent enough players came in to get us out of the league.

Should madine go as part of a deal to bring in Marshall or anyone else for that matter do you think you have enough fire power to push on with your promotion campaign? I think in his absence you have proved to still have the ability to score goals personally but he does seem to have contributed massive in the first half of the season for you.

Anyhow please feel free to vote, would you be happy with the departure of Gary Madine in order to bring in Ben Marshall or any other loanee?

At the prices quoted at 500k each for Marshall and Batth, I don't believe we would have to.

The question is not can we afford these players, but are they available and do they want to sign permanantly for us.

bywater - I have no clue what would be his price.

I don't anticipate having "millions" to spend but this kind of money on young players with a good future in the game is sound investment, just like Madine is.

Madine would be worth more scoring goals in the Championship then in L1, and Mandaric is not short sighted enough not to realise this.

We dont need to sell anyone were MASSIVE and RICH and weve got a generous Serbian not a shop lad from toon

i doubt we'll lose any of OUR better players, we might lose some players who dont belong to us though

We dont need to sell anyone were MASSIVE and RICH and weve got a generous Serbian not a shop lad from toon

Erm he's not from newcastle he's from Buckinghamshire and in all fariness his net wealth is 20-25% greater than that of Milan Mandaric and his name isn't currently associated with Tax Evasion.

You slate me for creating Sheffield United threads then when I make a wednesday one you turn it into a Newcastle debate and pull pieces, is this not the Sheffield Football section??. Might stick to United threads from now on I think.

We dont need to sell to buy

I didn't say you did mate if you check my original post, I was just curious as to where Ben Marshall ranks on your wants list and whether you lot would be willing to sacrifice Madine in order to bring him or any other player in.

I didn't say you did mate if you check my original post, I was just curious as to where Ben Marshall ranks on your wants list and whether you lot would be willing to sacrifice Madine in order to bring him or any other player in.

pointless thread then, basically saying ... imagine a situation different to what your in, would you then be willing to do this?

we dont have to sell madine to buy marshall so pointless asking whether we would want to or not

everyone has his price...speculate to accumlicate....one out three in...if need be....but i dont think it will happen....

i will be throwing a twenty at the club on saturday....they need it more than me..

Ben Marshall is a fantastic player,but without someone like Madine on the end of his passes whats the point, O'Grady is good but not as good as Madine, Jury is still out on Lowe, so i reckon its a catch 22.

Ben Marshall is a fantastic player,but without someone like Madine on the end of his passes whats the point, O'Grady is good but not as good as Madine, Jury is still out on Lowe, so i reckon its a catch 22.

Comparing two different players in Madine and O'Grady, O'Grady does things Madine can't and vice-versa

i met marshall on a night out. he said hes loving his time at the club. so i could see him staying even if its on loan for the rest of the season. you never know, if we get promotion then the possibility of us signing him on permanent would be more realistic. dont see us signing him permanently in january though.