Some good news at last.

i'm not asking you to believe,no need to attack me in that manner.

it doesn't really matter to me what people believe in.

i'm more concerned about how people behave towards other human beings then i am about what they believe in.

No-one has attacked you, only pointed out the idiotic statement. You are fine to believe what you want.

The thing I replied to was your "i agree with much of you say,but scientific advances have not provided evidence that God does not exist. ". Why on Earth should science prove god doesn't exist? Science doesn't need god to understand the world. The only people who have the burden of proof with god are those who claim he exists.

To the bold: Are you suggesting only believers can care about other human beings?

To the bold: Are you suggesting only believers can care about other human beings?

I didn't read it as that, odd that you did.

But why on the forum can Chistianity be openly criticized, degraded and insulted by haters while doing the same to Hinduism and Islam wouldn't last after the first half dozen posts.

This seems to be more of a policy of the forum than anything atheists do. It does seem to happen a lot in the western world. It's fine to insult Jesus but not Mohammed. I think we should be allowed to criticise all belief systems. I would suggest you ask the helpdesk on that one. Us atheists are usually labelled racist if we criticise Islam.

Are Christians accepted as an easy and legitimate target while others are somehow sacred and cannot be discussed

Not sure why it happens. I personally think it's a form of racism in itself. People seem to associate Islam with dark skin and usually give it special dispensation as a result. See Melthebel on this.

Either everything is on the table or it isn't. I've often felt sorry for those who are believers and find it necessary to put my oar into the fray

I agree with you. Why protect one religion over another? It does seem strange and I'm sticking with the protective form of racism as one reason it happens.

I would like to have a free debate on all belief systems vs atheism. The shame is someone usually gets upset and has the discussion stopped.

I was banned last week for starting a thread claiming, "As an atheist I believe Christmas should be called Winterville". How unfair is that?

I didn't read it as that, odd that you did.

That's why I asked the question. So they could clarify. It has already been suggested in the thread, people need to be clear with these things.

That's why I asked the question. So they could clarify.

I don't see what needs clairfying it looks pretty straight forward to me.

I don't see what needs clairfying it looks pretty straight forward to me.

Yes but you are known for words meaning different things to you.

There seemed no need for the statement and I took it as the usual jibe that instead of worrying about people's beliefs I should be worrying about human beings. Who says I don't.

I'm sure the poster is capable of explaining what they meant.

of course i'm not suggesting that.

you are twisting what i have said.

do you have an agenda? was that the purpose of opening this thread?

of course i'm not suggesting that.

you are twisting what i have said.

do you have an agenda? was that the purpose of opening this thread?

Why put it then? The line seemed irrelevant.

To your questions. No I'm not twisting anything, yes of course and to discuss the good news.

Edited by Tony Erikson

But you do admit that some of the anti-Christian rants by other atheists are a form of intolerance.... Right ?

Hahah! Of COURSE there are intolerant atheists! What was your point with this comment? Did you expect me to deny it or feel awkward or something?

i agree with much of you say,but scientific advances have not provided evidence that God does not exist.

Apart from

A) You can't prove something doesn't exist

B) Science hasn't tried to prove God doesn't exist

...there has never been any suggestions (other than human opinion) that God exists.

Why put it then? The line seemed irrelevant.

To your questions. No, yes of course and to discuss the good news.

well youv'e answered my question then. i think.:confused:

Yes but you are known for words meaning different things to you.

ouch !

You saw what you wanted to see, now you're hounding the poor woman to clarify so you don't look silly.

well youv'e answered my question then. i think.:confused:

Will you now answer mine then? Why does science have to prove god doesn't exist? Science works without needing any god. Science has no need to prove what it doesn't need doesn't exits. I would love to hear your answer.