Some good news at last.

I have no problem with atheists or believers of any religion, but Sheffield is full of aggressive atheists and always has been. They're like school bullies ganging up on anyone of faith. To them anyone who believes in God is a moron. That would have included morons like Mother Teresa and Martin Luther in their time. I am not ashamed to believe, nor should anyone. The alternative can be a dismal life in a dismal city.

I agree there's the odd one or two on the forum who like to belittle and mock believers, just like there are some who do the same to atheists. I've not known any (on the forum or otherwise) "gang up" on anyone of faith.

Personally I don't think anyone who believes in gods is a moron.

How right you are buck. There were two kinds of people who knocked on our door back in my Sheffield days, Reds and atheists.

I dont know what their agenda is. Certainly it's not to improve society in any way. I would place them in the crank ranter category

Really? there were only two kinds of people came knocking on your door and one was ATHEISTS? I've never heard of this and wasn't aware it happened, did they have a name for their particular group?

i have never made those comments as such.

actually most people i know with a faith would not wish to comment at all.

not everyone who believes is an active member of a church.

you may be quite unaware that there are people around you in your day to day life who have a belief because they just might prefer not to get into a religious discussion.

That's fine, I'm not talking about those people. I'm talking about the ones that DO say those things.

My opinion that the world would be a better place if everyone just minded their own business and respected freedom of thought is exactly what it is.... just an opinion.

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, this is a discussional forum and wouldn't really work if nobody asked questions and discussed things.

Should the good samaritan have minded his own business?

Because this is a place for discussion or have you missed the point of the forum, why say anything if you don’t want to discuss it.

If you can't think of a word describe it and tell us what it does.

It just exists, it doesn't "do" anything, or it might, I don't know really.

You're not really discussing this, you just want to make me look stupid, and for everyone to see you as a the beacon of rationality.

You're not really discussing this, you just want to make me look stupid, and for everyone to see you as a the beacon of rationality.

I can assure you I don't want you to look stupid.

Whats the it that just exists?

I've not known any (on the forum or otherwise) "gang up" on anyone of faith.

You missed every thread that Graham posted on then ?

I can assure you I don't want you to look stupid.

Whats the it that just exists?

A consiousness, I said that earlier.

A consiousness, I said that earlier.

So you are aware of something that may or may not exist, it may or may not have created everything and it may or may not have some influence over our lives.

You missed every thread that Graham posted on then ?

No, I witnessed nearly all of them, also his current postings as Agbus. I take it you missed that he is the one on the offensive and that everyone (including other Christians) who bites back is usually defending themselves or trying to correct an untruth he has said about them. There have been times when several posters have "ganged up" on him, but it's against his attitude and character usually, not his beliefs.

You didn't choose a very good example there.

I'm discussing it! If you'd like to discuss it, I'm here! (please tell me what leads you to believe this consciousness's existence, in PM if you wish!)

So you are aware of something that may or may not exist, it may or may not have created everything and it may or may not have some influence over our lives.

Thats correct.

i don't think it created anythign though.

You didn't choose a very good example there.

Sorry, i feel bad now.

Thats correct.

i don't think it created anythign though.

Baring that in mind is it possible that this consciousness is a manifestation created by your mind to explain things you can’t explain.

A bit like a child’s mind can manifest a monster to explain their fear, not saying you have a child mind.

I can imagine and create within my mind just about anything I want, I would imagine the human mind is capable of creating something and eventually believing it does exists.