Some good news at last.

I have no problem with atheists or believers of any religion, but Sheffield is full of aggressive atheists and always has been. They're like school bullies ganging up on anyone of faith. To them anyone who believes in God is a moron. That would have included morons like Mother Teresa and Martin Luther in their time. I am not ashamed to believe, nor should anyone. The alternative can be a dismal life in a dismal city.

Good post Buck:D

Another parody?

Surely you're not for real?

:huh:

You've already ridiculed another post by buck. What gives you the presumptuous arrogance to assume that there is no evidence of a creator of any sort. Go ahead and prove there isn't or climb down from your high horse.

Give me some hard scientific evidence to back your assumption and I might just join you.

Another parody?

Surely you're not for real?

:huh:

Talk bleddy sense for once in your life:rant:

There's a first time for everything.

I find it odd how (some) people of religious faith make vague comments like "Let God into your heart" or "God is in everything" and then seem to not want to divulge further when I am interested in knowing more.

Generally with most subjects, if someone is passionate about it and starts telling you about it, they will happily go into further detail when asked.

i have never made those comments as such.

actually most people i know with a faith would not wish to comment at all.

not everyone who believes is an active member of a church.

you may be quite unaware that there are people around you in your day to day life who have a belief because they just might prefer not to get into a religious discussion.

Isn’t it amassing that when atheists ask question, religious bullies come out with the usual crap that it’s the atheist doing the bullying. Religions around the world since the dawn of time have tried to bully and intimidate non believers into believing, nothing has changed I see.

On the same note you can't prove that there isn't a feeghrjuist sat on your shoulder telling what to think. Anyone can invent something and claim its existence can’t be proved or disproved.

Anyone can claim that religious belief has no foundation that the moon landings were a fake and Elvis Presley is still alive and living in Des Moines, Iowa

It's no good going around "spreading the atheist word" with absolutely no evidence to back it up. If you accuse people of religious belief as having closed minds what's the difference between you and them?

Isn’t it amassing that when atheists ask question, religious bullies come out with the usual crap that it’s the atheist doing the bullying. Religions around the world since the dawn of time have tried to bully and intimidate non believers into believing, nothing has changed I see.

Why should anyone have a problem with "nothing has changed" Let those who wish to worship do so and let those who choose not to ...... not to.

All this atheist ranting smacks of intolerance. Anyone never heard of the expression "freedom of thought" ?

lets all MOOB. (Mind Our Own Business)

Edited by Harleyman

Anyone can claim that religious belief has no foundation that the moon landings were a fake and Elvis Presley is still alive and living in Des Moines, Iowa

It's no good going around "spreading the atheist word" with absolutely no evidence to back it up. If you accuse people of religious belief as having closed minds what's the difference between you and them?

I don't think dhfgryet exist there for I can describe it or prove it doesn’t exist. I do believe that tables exist, I can describe them, touch and feel them, I can explain to you what it is and what it does and what it feels and looks like.

I you believe something exists you should be able to do the same, but when asked by someone that doesn’t believe it exists, believers usually resort to insults and prove it doesn’t.

Religions around the world since the dawn of time have tried to bully and intimidate non believers into believing, nothing has changed I see.

but thats organised religion, not everyone who believes does that, some believers arn't even part of an organised religion.

Why should anyone have a problem with "nothing has changed" Let those who wish to worship do so and let those who choose not to ...... not to.

All this atheist ranting smacks of intolerance. Anyone never heard of the expression "freedom of thought" ?

The days of medieval thought have long gone. We live in a modern world

I do, but I do comment on this forum because that is its purpose If we didn't use it, it would become pointless.

The red is just your way of intimidating and bullying me into submission which is what religious people have done since the dawn of time.

Edited by MrSmith

but thats organised religion, not everyone who believes does that, some believers arn't even part of an organised religion.

Everyone on the planet is a believer, I believe table exist, but I think this discussion is about God and religion, not believing in tables.

There is little point telling us you are a believer unless you tell what you believe in.

I don’t have a problem with you believing in something, but by telling us on here that you believe, I would think you wish to discuss it because this is discussion forum.

I’m an atheist I’m happy to discuss it, if I wasn’t happy to discuss it I wouldn’t post on this topic. I won’t shirk from answering if I can and I won’t bully you or call you names.

Edited by MrSmith

There is little point telling us you are a believer unless you tell what you believe in.

But why do i have to, why can't you just leave me to it.

But, as you asked, i believe in a kind of universal consiousness, I use the word God, thats probably not a good word, but I haven't thought of another one yet.

Beyond that i don't have much more of an explaination, because i don't really need one.

I don't want you to believe the same thing, it's up to you.

Edited by Bulgarian