2 Adults 3 Children Sheffield to Heathrow Airport

Hi

I need to travel to Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 in February next year, I will be going with 1 Adult and 3 Children. If anyone has suggestions on which form of transport to take please let me know.

Depending on times and age of the children the train is the obvious choice especially if you book 3 months in advance.

A taxi would be upwards of £150. Or you could get a friend to drive you all?

The children are aged between 4 and 12yrs. Is there a significant difference in train prices if booked a couple of months early?

I dont have anyone who can drive us all unfortunatly.

National Express has a direct service from Sheffield and Meadowhall Interchanges. Probably cheapest option. Not sure if suitable for youngest child.

Plenty enough time to walk? Free and great exercise.

National Express has a direct service from Sheffield and Meadowhall Interchanges. Probably cheapest option. Not sure if suitable for youngest child.

We once used that service to get to Gatwick.It was cheap but it was an absolute nightmare! The return journey especialy as it included an hour long wait in a layby somewhere near Luton in the early hours waiting for a connection.Any benefit we had had from the holiday just washed away in the drizzle!

The children are aged between 4 and 12yrs. Is there a significant difference in train prices if booked a couple of months early?

I dont have anyone who can drive us all unfortunatly.

Can you drive? I have no idea if its affordable to hire a car from home to airport. My parents do this when they are abroad. I drive so we park at the airport. The expense of getting to a southern airport makes me decide to pay the extra and go from a local airport where possible. I know you might not be possible for your chosen holiday.

Can you drive? I have no idea if its affordable to hire a car from home to airport. My parents do this when they are abroad. I drive so we park at the airport. The expense of getting to a southern airport makes me decide to pay the extra and go from a local airport where possible. I know you might not be possible for your chosen holiday.

I do drive, I've never considered this option before. Does it mean leaving the car at the airport or is it somehow collected once I get there?

I do drive, I've never considered this option before. Does it mean leaving the car at the airport or is it somehow collected once I get there?

I haven't enquired in the UK for years but the big hire companies did used to offer this service. You agree where you pick up and leave the car. Sometimes they will bring it to your house.

My parents arrange for a car to be at the airport for them and they leave it there when they fly home. There is a kiosk to pick the keys up from at the airport.

Phone some of the big uk car hire companies and see if this is still available.

You'd be looking at a "one-way car rental" - We did this a few years ago when we decided to do a week of touring around Scotland, seeing how far we got each day and doing BnB's each night. We had a vague idea of where we wanted to be, but hired the car in Aberdeen and returned it to Edinburgh. Can't remember if it was Hertz or Avis, but I know that this kind of arrangement does exist.

You'd be best to check first what car rental operations are available at Heathrow to ensure that you can "drop-off" the car, then check prices of rentals from here to there. The drawback of course to doing one-way rentals for this trip is that depending on who you go with, you may have to book two seperate one-ways to accomodate the trip down and back. When we booked, I think the website had issues booking one-way trip but we called them and the agent sorted us out over the phone and gave us a little discount for the inconvenience. Don't be put-off if the company website doesn't show you one-way prices, you may have to phone for them.