Need some advice..

anyone out there bought a car from a local garage with warranty and then the car developed a fault and what was the outcome? as i bought a car with 3 month warranty which runs out in a few weeks and the mechanic noticed the gearbox has been leaking oil after he serviced it and showed me?

i have tried talking to the garage but they are not having it!!

anyone out there bought a car from a local garage with warranty and then the car developed a fault and what was the outcome? as i bought a car with 3 month warranty which runs out in a few weeks and the mechanic noticed the gearbox has been leaking oil after he serviced it and showed me?

i have tried talking to the garage but they are not having it!!

Depends on a lot of things. Mainly how much the garage care about repeat custom.

Your best bet is to ring trading standards and ask them what rights you have

There are some well meaning people on here but its better from the horses mouth.

Nowt doin. Greed and selfishness rules these days so I can't help you, you're on your own

thanks guys, i thought that was the case, but i just thought i would check on here to see if someones experienced a similar problem.

Will ring trading standards and see what the deal is.

anyone experienced this....

In my experience any warranty on a car isn't worth the paper it written on.

First thing to do is read your warranty document to find out what is and isn't covered.

Also remember that you have statutory rights that cannot be taken away by a warranty.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_world/consumer_affairs/buying_second_hand_vehicles.htm

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/c_secondhand_cars.pdf

Edited by cgksheff

the garage just gave me a 3 month warranty, did not mention no limitations on the invoice, it clearly states 3 month warranty.

Darth, what went wrong with your car and what was the outcome??

thanks

the garage just gave me a 3 month warranty, did not mention no limitations on the invoice, it clearly states 3 month warranty.

thanks

If it doesn't say what is included in the warranty, it is virtually worthless.

They can claim it was just a warranty on the washer bottle.

Regarding statutory rights, you have a problem with the time since purchase.

You'd have to prove that the major fault, which makes it unroadworthy, was there at the time of sale.

You'd need an independent report from an expert for that.

Edited by cgksheff

thanks

Veered off road with 5 passengers, in to a field, very luckily. Further investigations by a trustworthy garage revealed it to be totally unroadworthy. No guarantee had been offered by the garage where we purchased the vehicle. The guy didn't want to know. We got a small claims court 'kit' and did it all ourselves, it's pretty straightforward. Better than even winning the case for me, was the satisfaction of serving the summons myself in his hand. Not only did he have to pay us out, he lost half a day's pay of his own to attend, and had to pay for the half-day of the trustworthy mechanic we had asked to provide evidence at the hearing. It was brilliant.

anyone else faced this problem??