Carpet retailer/fitter required - good service and quality essential

Can anybody recommend a carpet retailer/fitter? I want to carpet all my bare FREEZING floorboards. I don't care that the stripped pine looks pretty - I tired of being COLD.

I view carpetting my house as a long term investment and so I'm not looking to do it on the cheap but rather to buy something that will keep the house warm and look good for a long time to come. Does anyone know of a carpet retailer/fitter who takes pride in their work? I'm not looking for a bargain, but for good, solid service.

My sentiments exactly :D

We got ours from the factory at Barnsley - Shaws :thumbsup:

Fantastic quality, ends of lines and huge roll ends. They did the fitting too.

Eric Gilbert oppisite the bottom of woodseats road have always given me good service and quality carpets.

giveHedley Withams a try at 132 Wortley Rd,High Green,01142848704.

I made the mistake of going to Allied and was very badly let down.A friend heard about my plight and recommended Whitams.I got a better quality carpet at half the price Allied was going to charge me and into the bargain top rated underlay and fitting service,you will not be disappointed.

Ginsberg.

Depends on where you live and how far you want to travel to look at and purchase said carpets.

When we moved into our new house 3yrs ago we used a small company called Carol Aston carpets who are based at a shop in Todwick village off the A57 as you head out towards Worksop off the M1.

The owner there a guy called John Hughes has always been fair in our eyes and they do deals on carpetting the whole house etc, etc.

Thanks for all the advice, I'll phone round some carpeteers next week.

Meanwhile does anyone know a magic spell for making furniture hover 2 ft off the ground. Where's blasted Potter when you need him?

x

Originally posted by ginsberg

Meanwhile does anyone know a magic spell for making furniture hover 2 ft off the ground. Where's blasted Potter when you need him?

x

wingardium leviosa ;)

Balfour Carpets down Darnall - site of the old cinema - they are in the phone book.

Carpets are a good rate and the charges for fitting are excellent - if you are short of cash but want quality, this is excellent.:thumbsup:

Guest swfc4life

WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T GO TO CARPET WEB AT CROOKES.

:nono::nono:

Originally posted by swfc4life

WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T GO TO CARPET WEB AT CROOKES.

:nono::nono:

I know, they made his house look like a right STY!

UP THE BLADES!, lol

Guest swfc4life

I'm getting a bit worried i think this wierdo (matt1889) is following me.

:help::loopy::suspect:

whatever you do dont use dexters at gleadless townend.

They turned up to fit the carpets that they had measured up for then decided it was a two man job on ihe day and left with my furniture everywhere. Came back day after and only part finished the job posting my keys with a note saying phone the shop monday (this was saturday). Carpet was faulty when it was actually finally laid (having wrecked my broadband connection nailing through wires, broke my desk and phone socket). Took 7 months to get replacement carpet. All the while they left a roll of lino on my stairs that they didnt get round to fitting till they finally did the carpet!!

NOT GOOD!