Milk cow in the window

my fella is from heeley, and he is forever talking about the cow everytime we pass the dairy, he also played in the river when a young boy in late 60,s early 70's riding his bike on the wall!!! and walking up and down river lol :hihi:

That river was radioactive then there was more pollution in that river than than anything that water was all sorts of colours what with all the factory's around at the time it stank.:gag:

The cow stood behind a curving window area on the first floor of the dairy, I think it may of been were the staircase was but and this is the odd thing. i seem to remember it actually had speakers and so every now and then you heard a mooing noise or am I going completely mad?

There was a stuffed cow in a big upstairs window. We kids were fascinated by it. Does anyone else remember it?

10 hours ago, bathbun said:

There was a stuffed cow in a big upstairs window. We kids were fascinated by it. Does anyone else remember it?

Here's a picture on picturesheffield showing the Express Dairy Broadfield Road window with the cow:

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s38130&pos=3&action=zoom&id=115111

Regards,

Duffems

There was a dad bad joke that I always used to play on my kids when we drove past. I used to start singing Bullock in Tower to the tune of Mull of Kintyre. 

They thought it was hilarious. Sorry.