Orange Network price increase

Hi everyone,

i had a text message from my network provider 'Orange' last week saying "We're increasing the price of your monthly plan by 4.34% from 8 january 2012"

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this message? And also are Orange legally allowed to do this? Ive heard that you can get out of your contract when they do things like this?

Any help would be appreciated.

i had the same text last week.Tried to phone orange was waiting for 2 hours and they never answered. So dont know if they can do this or not

It's in the terms and conditions that you agreed to, the question is; are these terms and conditions lawful. Ofcom says that they'll only look into it if enough people complain.

They can do this, if you agree to it. Otherwise not on this contract. Because otherwise they could put your contract up to whatever they like and get away with it. If they threaten you complain to offcom.

Again if it says gumbo like 'reasonable increases' in the small print, that could be argued against. I mean whats a 'reasonable increase'?

If the price of the contract is £15 a month thats what you agreed to, It doesnt matter what the small print says.

You may have both a verbal (recorded) and written contract (first bill) which states the basic terms of the agreement.

If they wish to put up the next contract, and you agree to it, thats lawful.

But like I said dont let mobile companies bully you, complain to offcom, I did about o2 and will be getting a sizeable amount of compensation!