Anyone fancy a meet in Sheffield?

Im new to Sheffield and am finding it hard to meet people. Is there anyone else out there in a similar situation or who would like to meet new people who would fancy meeting up? I was thinking drinks even though i dont drink, tea and cake, dinner, walks, anything really. I enjoy snooker and movies if anyones up for tht.

I'm a mature student at Sheffield Hallam University studyng Biomedical science part time. If anyone fancies meeting then reply and we can arrange somewhere for an initial meet up.

Nav

Hiya I'm a student at SHU too :) If you look in the Evenings out section on here there's often nights out with other forummers that you can tag along too. I used to be a regular, not so much now though! I believe the Film Group had cinema meets also-I went to a couple a few years ago, not sure if they are still running but it's worth checking, they were good fun :)

The next meet is in the Harlequin on Nursery St on Monday the 12th of December, there will be a Buffet, optional fancy dress, a quiz and a raffle with prizes.

PM Denlin for more details.

I might pop in for that actually, Andy will be at college so will be at a loose end! Definitely not going to order buffet though in case I don't end up coming (also on wedding dress/pre-Xmas diet, unfortunately :P )

Thanks for your advice LitleMermaid, I might attend that. Would be a good oppertunity to get to meet people :-)

You'd both be most welcome, buffet and fancy dress are optional and even if you don't come in fancy dress I can promise that mine will be a spectacle but I'm going for effect not prize as I am organising it with help from Den and Patti :hihi::hihi::hihi: see attached link to evenings out

I've been in Sheffield for 5 months and am still looking to meet up with people.

I graduated from uni this year and am working full time, I love tea/coffee, going out to new places and the cinema.

I've been in Sheffield for 5 months and am still looking to meet up with people.

I graduated from uni this year and am working full time, I love tea/coffee, going out to new places and the cinema.

Come to Harlequin on Monday Hannah, Sheffield Forum meet - see evenings out for details

Come to Harlequin on Monday Hannah, Sheffield Forum meet - see evenings out for details

Will see what I can do :) Work is always a problem as I can be in quite late, missed the last one :(

I'm in my 40's, haven't been in town for months (years regularly) and most of my friends have moved away or [re]married, so I was thinking of going out, but was concerned that established groups, as elsewhere, might be a bit cliquey and me too old? :-D

I'm in my 40's, haven't been in town for months (years regularly) and most of my friends have moved away or [re]married, so I was thinking of going out, but was concerned that established groups, as elsewhere, might be a bit cliquey and me too old? :-D

I definitely don't think you're too old, personally I get on better with older people (my best friend is 45).

Thanks, Hannah, not that I feel, look or 'am' my age, which doesn't matter usually. t's just a case of me finding the 'right' night out on here, as much of town was always catering for the 'young'.

Edited by aelfheah