Table table nr arena

like ive said once,the food his all goin to be cooked fresh .has for the location i dont intend to be sat there lookin at the roundabout,i also asked for peoples opinons whode eaten there.which you and preeeeeeeek obviosley havent.av a nice xmas.scrapper

Its still a chain pub (owned by Whitbread) and does bland heated up chain pub food. I would rather starve than eat Christmas dinner at a place like this.

it is, thats true but for people that like going out for that sort of stuff its one of the best places that serves bland stuff, to be honest personally pub grub menu's are boring, i prefer stuff like chinese buffets

like ive said once,the food his all goin to be cooked fresh .has for the location i dont intend to be sat there lookin at the roundabout,i also asked for peoples opinons whode eaten there.which you and preeeeeeeek obviosley havent.av a nice xmas.scrapper

You're right, I haven't eaten there, though I have eaten at another branch of Table Table for a family get-together. I found the food soulless, bland, uninspiring and exactly the sort of thing you'd expect from any branch of Wetherspoons, Lloyds, Yates' or the like. It's not good, but it's not terrible. Just very, very average and not the sort of place you'd want to go for a special occasion - more the sort of place you'd take a fussy eight-year-old and their friends for burgers.

That said, it's cheap and everyone will easily find something they like on the menu. If you're there for the banter and good conversation, rather than good food, I'm sure you'll have a great time. I hope you do.

we ate there a few weeks ago, i had a burger, which you cant usually go wrong with..... except it was burnt and gristly :( tbh wouldnt go again, we were waiting forever for our food as well.

To me the Christmas meal is one of the most important of the year, a family get together with a little extra effort given to produce a special dinner.

Eating something thats pre-prepared and "cooked" by someone who probably doesnt want to be there and doesnt give a monkeys about the food is not my way of celebrating on the day.

cheers weenireeni,its people that i want to hear from like you who av eaten there,not people who tell me what theyde rather do.

ive been in and to be honest i found the found to be bland but my hubby and kids enjoyed it lol . I enjoyed the harvetster alot more which is not too far from there anyway . But to be honest the atmosphere in the table table is alot better as its all really cosy with fires and comfy chairs etc so theres your options lol xxx

Don't do it seriously. I worked there as a chef when times were hard and was so disgusted that I walked out in the first week, times are never going to be that hard to put up with that sort of food. Everything's frozen, and I do mean everything and the way they do their mies en place is almost laughable were it not disgusting.

I've also seen things dropped on the floor and then thrown in the fryer with the excuse 'The heat will kill any germs'. I probably shouldn't have expected much better from a place like this but the kind of places I have on my CV I couldn't do another 5mins in there.

PS: The person who mentioned the food being bland, they don't use seasoning in anything, probably wouldn't know how too but even if they did they're not allowed, they're not chefs in there, not even cooks, they are just there to heat things up in a microwave and follow a photo on how to present it on a plate.

like ive said once,the food is all goin to be cooked fresh .has for the location i dont intend to be sat there lookin at the roundabout,i also asked for peoples opinons whode eaten there.which you and preeeeeeeek obviosley havent.av a nice xmas.scrapper

Really? I very much doubt that...

You'll find that all of the veg comes in 5kg bags that have been frozen. The roasts and mash again are also pre prepped and cooked then frozen. The meat, well I can't really imagine but I can tell you that not one of the microwave technicians have any butchery skills so I know you wont be getting a fresh turkey on the bone. Your gravy will also be ...ah forget it, I'm starting to sound bitter, but you get my drift right.

Just go for the sharing chocolate sundae - the hot food is kak :suspect:

Anyway Scrapper, how was your Christmas meal at TableTable?

Hope you enjoyed it.