Whats your favourite beer

My favourite? Me I'm Sheffield born and bred but I have to say..... Fuller's London Pride, just because it is.

Originally posted by slh73

Erdinger, Hoegaarden, Leffe or Budvar

I tried Hoegaarden earlier this year.

I think it can't have been kept properly, cos it tasted totally foul, and just one pint of it had me throwing my rops up, which is SOOO not me. (I mean one pint, all night, in total, not other beers-plus-a-pint-of-hoegaarden!)

I have tried various real ales in the dev cat, and at the sheaf view, and I really think that Abbeydale Brewery's "Absolution" is excellent.

PT

Originally posted by Plain Talker

I think it can't have been kept properly, cos it tasted totally foul

Nope, that sounds like Hoegaarden.

@Dragon, Bitburger drive is the best alcohol free beer, they sell it in the Kelham Island Tavern, if memory serves.

Timothy Taylor Landlord

Budvar

Praha

Waggledance

Theakstons XB

Brains FA

Pale Rider

Summer Lightning

HSB

Old Peculier

Tuborg Elefant Øl

Originally posted by pattricia

A Budweiser

Pattricia, this thread is about BEER.

Sorry Love.

-----------------------------------------

My favourite Lager beer of the moment is called

ZYWIEC the most popular brew in the south of Poland. Refreshing and tasty with a mild but nice flavour.

Other than that, Pilsner Urquel which is from Bohemia where Lager was invented in the first place, when a Bavarian Monk came over and showed them how to improve their brews with cold storage in the mountains.

And in the Dev Cat I have a couple of pints of Amstel. What a great drink, more body and taste than a normal lager drink and brings lots of memeories from my visits to Amsterdam.

My favourite Stout, as always, is Guinness and the best pint in sheffield is at the Dog and P. God bless Mrs F.

As for Bitter a session drinking drink which goes down well for me is Wards from the Red Lion in town. Bur I also like Federation and Spitfire.

One of my favourite beers of all time is Newcastle Brown, possibly one of the most robust and tasty drinks of all time. You can drink it in any country and it tastes just as good.

I don't really drink beer as most of it tastes like ****!

but I was in the devonshire cat and tried a rasputin now that was nice :D

Youngs Double Chocolate Stout - perfect Christmas ale

Abbeydale Moonshine - Gorgeous when on form

Most Glentworth beers

Most Durham beers

As for continentals - Erdinger goes down well as does draft Bitburger and Grolsh.

For a bargain Waitrose Wheat beers are spot on.

Back in Manchester we swore by Holts Bitter, strong hoppy and dirt cheap. Mind you morning after I swore "ne'er again"

In Sheffield there are so many real ales that we are spoilt!

Pale Rider from the Kellham Island brewry. Sheffileds top beer, but if you don't want to get drunk so quick (?!?!):

Easy Rider.

Or, if your a bit wussy: Moped Rider.

K.

Got to be Red Stripe!!

Grolsch & Stella on draught, also bottles of Stella Dry (don't make it anymore) or Inches Stonehouse Cider mmm ! Can't beat a pint of Apples in the summer....