Is it ok for the police to harass criminals?

Is it ok for the police to harass criminals?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok for the police to harass criminals?

• Yes
    • No

I'm sure there was some police bulletin saying that they need to be carefull about this. Too many police have got it into their head that is illegal to film or photograph police, which it clearly isn't (except for proventing terrorists(but that's a whole other abused power)).

This keeps popping up on other forums where there are a lot of photographers.

Its odd because out here, you get hassle from the cops if you don't take their photo.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq281/fredyboys/PB050002.jpg

This one is funnier, i mean better..

That was very powerful the subject deserves it's own thread, well done.

Things need to change.

The Police need more power to deal with protestors without fear of later repurcussions.

Things need to change.

The Police need more power to deal with protestors without fear of later repurcussions.

The riots would have been quashed within a couple of hours on the first night if they weren't in fear of repercussions.

A lot don't realise it is us tax payers who will be paying extra in insurance, never mind the clear up costs, policing costs, disruption, etc, etc...

Check this out for harassment

Check out this video on YouTube:

Pollard is a tedious wind up merchant who detracts from the serious issues by behaving like an arse.

Pollard is a tedious wind up merchant who detracts from the serious issues by behaving like an arse.

it's pretty bad that the police will just lie or are ignorant of the laws they are meant to be enforcing.

it's pretty bad that the police will just lie or are ignorant of the laws they are meant to be enforcing.

I'd agree with that, but I'd add the word 'some'. There are also videos available which show the poice responding to photographers with good humour, civility, and a clear understanding of the law.

I'd agree with that, but I'd add the word 'some'. There are also videos available which show the poice responding to photographers with good humour, civility, and a clear understanding of the law.

yeah sorry, shouldn't have generalised.

Harassment, by definition, is improper treatment. It can never be proper for the police to treat people improperly.

Should people who already have criminal records be more closely observed by police? Probably yes.

I agree with you