Is it ok for the police to harass criminals?

Is it ok for the police to harass criminals?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok for the police to harass criminals?

• Yes
    • No

WHAT are you using as your definition of a criminal? someone who has been convicted of a crime once? someone who habitually commits crime? someone the police suspects is commiting crime?

I wouldn't worry about it too much because most of the police are too busy harassing motorists and issuing fixed penalty notices for trivial offences to worry about the people who commit (or potentially would commit) serious crime.

I think everyone is aware of that fact if they are honest with themselves.

They aren't trivial offences are they, they are offences

WHAT are you using as your definition of a criminal? someone who has been convicted of a crime once? someone who habitually commits crime? someone the police suspects is commiting crime?

All of the above?

The OP is referring to these 64 convicted burglars (reported in the news) who are all about to get out just before Christmas and all reside in and around Leeds.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=8345528&postcount=1

right, well yeah it would be fair to keep tabs on them, but not harrass. But again that is quite vague, what are we talking here, disturbing their christmas dinner n that?

right, well yeah it would be fair to keep tabs on them, but not harrass. But again that is quite vague, what are we talking here, disturbing their christmas dinner n that?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Harassment

I'd say, let their presence be known...

Everyone is guilty now until proven innocent, I was stopped and searched for taking pictures in London just last week, some silly ****** excuse about terrorism, I'm not even muslim or black but they now the Met especially just harass anyone, probably to do with them been more politicised and owned by big corporate organisations.

Robocops are the future!

I keep hearing about this thing with the fuzz having a go at photographers.

A few youtube vids are available but they pretty much seem to be people out to cause trouble.

However, I know of other cases where some poor sod was simply out to take a photo and got it in the neck from a security guard, plastic policeman or even a real copper.

The cops should be kicking in criminal's doors instead of playing silly buggers because some dude has a camera.

Check this out for harassment

Check out this video on YouTube:

I keep hearing about this thing with the fuzz having a go at photographers.

A few youtube vids are available but they pretty much seem to be people out to cause trouble.

However, I know of other cases where some poor sod was simply out to take a photo and got it in the neck from a security guard, plastic policeman or even a real copper.

The cops should be kicking in criminal's doors instead of playing silly buggers because some dude has a camera.

I'm sure there was some police bulletin saying that they need to be carefull about this. Too many police have got it into their head that is illegal to film or photograph police, which it clearly isn't (except for proventing terrorists(but that's a whole other abused power)).

Check this out for harassment

Check out this video on YouTube:

This one is funnier, i mean better..