Places to go on Boxing Day

I normally go for a stroll round Dam Flask and call for a few beers in Nags after or Plough depending where I park,this year going for a walk in Guadamere beach if the rain holds off.

The raft race at Matlock Bath is worth a trip out for. When we've been its being busy.

Plum Pudding Race at Mallory Park. It's car and bike racing, not plum puddings btw.

beautifull down town bramall lane

You'll be the only one there though!

The game has been moved back a day!

Hi All,

My sister and her partner are staying over Christmas and thought it woukd be nice to have a few hours out of thehouse on Boxing day.

Back when we were kids this would usually mean a walk on the sea front or across the South Downs - but have no idea where might be good around here.

I was wondering if anywhere would be open in Bakewell or one of the other surrounding market towns etc? so we could have a mosey and maybe some lunch?

Or can anyone suggest a good location for a short walk which might have a lunch location?

What about Yorkshire sculpture Park?

Am open to any ideas really, what do you and your families do on Boxing day?

Cheers!

I bet you are from Worthing!

We go to Bakewell on Boxing day,the High Peak Hunt meet there at about 11am at the agricultural centre.The shops,pubs and cafe,s are open.A lot of the shops have sales on,then a drive through Chatsworth on the way home.

I normally go for a stroll round Dam Flask and call for a few beers in Nags after or Plough depending where I park,this year going for a walk in Guadamere beach if the rain holds off.

i love Guadamar beach. My dad lives in Torrevieja so know it quite well

Only one place to be on Boxing Day......Sheffield Arena for Steelers v Panthers. :)

Regards

Doom

We will be there, cheering the Steelers all the way x

beautifull down town bramall lane

Which will be closed on Boxing Day of course. :loopy:

If you're brave enough you could always go down to Meadowhall, it'll be HEAVING though, personally I think people who insist on going shopping the day after Christmas need to get a grip and a life... What could they possibly want that they didn't get for Christmas?