Need to lose weight fast? Try this!

2 stone. And yes it has been kept off. Even over the Christmas festivities.

But maybe it's more useful to highlight celebrity weight loss as people can clearly see the results!

If you are endorsing a product or some kind of regime based on your personal experience, one of the rules of marketing is to state how it has been of benefit to you. So, what was your starting weight and how have you kept it off, what timescale did you lose 2 stone in and have you resumed your previous lifestyle that contributed to you being overweight in the first place? You must have been overweight to have shifted 2 stone in what I assume was a relatively short period of time as this 'lemon diet' is not sustainable. How long ago did you stop the diet?

If you are endorsing a product or some kind of regime based on your personal experience, one of the rules of marketing is to state how it has been of benefit to you. So, what was your starting weight and how have you kept it off, what timescale did you lose 2 stone in and have you resumed your previous lifestyle that contributed to you being overweight in the first place? You must have been overweight to have shifted 2 stone in what I assume was a relatively short period of time as this 'lemon diet' is not sustainable. How long ago did you stop the diet?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ... here goes though..

12 stone down to 10 stone. Excess weight was due to knee injury. Reduced mobility = reduced everyday physical activity = weight gain!!

Weight was lost in less than one month on the Lemon Diet and has remained off 1 year later. Knee injury is healed so normal everday physical activity is resumed.

If you are sooo sceptical about this, then how about a test? Go on The Lemon Diet for week and see how much weight you lose:thumbsup:

I can't promise you'll look like Beyonce after going on the diet but you will lose weight

Well, I'll never look like her in a million years, as I'm short, plump, nordic , and blonde, not tall, afro-American, and dark-haired.

The version of the lemon diet that Beyonce used includes NOTHING BUT lemon juice, cayenne pepper and maple syrup as your diet. Of course people lose weight when they stop eating solids completely but have lots of lemon juice and water as an alternative- that's not exactly rocket science, is it?

What you were advocating at the start of the thread was to introduce lemon juice or whole lemons to your diet to cause weight loss, and that's not the same thing at all.

Anybody would lose weight if they stopped eating and instead drank some lemon juice and water. Hardly a balanced and healthy weight loss plan though.

Oh, and as a diabetic, going on a complete fast would probably kill PT within a week ;)

This isn't a 'diet' it's a 'fast' and they're completely different things.

Firstly, what Medusa said, in spades. I could lose shedloads of weight if I fasted in the manner you suggest, but I have the common sense to know that:-

a) Most of this alleged 20 lbs would be water/ fluid, not fat, and most of it would be put back on immediately I began to eat properly again, as would be the case with anyone following this regime.

b) I repeat, whether diabetic, like myself or not, a fast of this sort would actually more than likely send most people Ketotic by the time the week was out, and would be unsafe.

c) crash dieting like this sends people's metabolism into "Starvation mode" which means that the lost weight, plus more would be put back on

d) Faddy fasts, masquerading as "diets", be it the egg diet, the "heart foundation" (very dangerous high salt) diet (that didn't come from the Heart foundation at all) the grapefruit diet, the Atkins diet, or this maple syrup and lemon juice diet don't really work, and are horrendously dangerous in the long-term.

e) the only safe and recommended way of losing weight for most people, is slow and steady, at a rate of about 2-3 lbs a week.

Trash-rags like "heat" etc don't get given house-room, chez-talker. I have enough self esteem and self confidence to not be running after this, or that, celebrity fad, be it Ugg boots, Hermes handbags or nonsense (non-)eating regimes. "Oh, look! Beyonce bought some Laboutin shoes, that you can't even walk in.... I MUST buy those, cos I'm a sheep! baaaa! I'm not complete unless I have that Birkin handbag! Baaa! baaa!

Beyonce has just shed as much as up to 2 stone in a matter of hours, it's an amazing way to lose weight, it's called the Have a Baby diet. I've done it twice and I can really vouch for the fact that it works, I lost over a stone in less than 24 hours both times.

OMG the egg diet!!!! My mate went on the egg diet and has seriously lost shed loads of fat. It is awesome http://www.afn.org/~poultry/eggdiet.htm

That's interesting, I know someone that went on The Egg Diet too and it did seem to work. I'm not overly keen on eggs personally so would give this a miss but there does seem to be something in it.

I think there's an Egg & Grapefruit Diet too that's supposed to be very effective.

Beyonce has just shed as much as up to 2 stone in a matter of hours, it's an amazing way to lose weight, it's called the Have a Baby diet. I've done it twice and I can really vouch for the fact that it works, I lost over a stone in less than 24 hours both times.

Ho, ho. Here's some more fans of the Lemon Diet http://www.slimmingsolutions.co.uk/reviews.php?product=Lemon%20Detox%20Diet%20Maple%20Syrup%20Diet

Clue is in the title, 'detox' which is all this is or as Medusa states, a fast, so it is inevtable that there will be dramatic weight loss.

Anyhow, I don't need to lose weight as I stick to a healthy eating plan, involving all food groups, and plenty of exercise. It's the most effective and healthiest way to maintain a healthy weight as well as remain in good health. I haven't had a cold for over a year, despite being constantly surrounded by coughing and spluttering people at work.

Anyhow, I don't need to lose weight as I stick to a healthy eating plan, involving all food groups, and plenty of exercise. It's the most effective and healthiest way to maintain a healthy weight as well as remain in good health. I haven't had a cold for over a year, despite being constantly surrounded by coughing and spluttering people at work.

Well it must be over 2 years since I've had a cold despite being surrounded by sniffers on many occasions!! Lemons are full of vitamin C you know :hihi:

I feel there may be a confusion here between 'maintaining a health weight' and WEIGHT LOSS here!!!

Well it must be over 2 years since I've had a cold despite being surrounded by sniffers on many occasions!! Lemons are full of vitamin C you know :hihi:

I feel there may be a confusion here between 'maintaining a health weight' and WEIGHT LOSS here!!!

Not really as the two are inextricably linked. People who use these fad diets and slimming aids generally stack it all on plus some as soon as they reach the the end of their diet/goal weight. In order to maintain it, people need to be re-educated about diet and lifestyle, which is what is lacking with all these silly and dangerous fads.

Are you saying that you're still on this lemon diet? I use lemon juice on salads rather than dressing.

Not really as the two are inextricably linked. People who use these fad diets and slimming aids generally stack it all on plus some as soon as they reach the the end of their diet/goal weight. In order to maintain it, people need to be re-educated about diet and lifestyle, which is what is lacking with all these silly and dangerous fads.

Are you saying that you're still on this lemon diet? I use lemon juice on salads rather than dressing.

Nope..not still on the Lemon Diet. It is for weight LOSS not weight MAINTENANCE as stated before. And it was just a joke about lemons/vitamin C/being healthy and not having colds............

Are you saying you think you would be more likely to get a cold if you go the Lemon Diet? Detoxing is actually good for general health.

Nope..not still on the Lemon Diet. It is for weight LOSS not weight MAINTENANCE as stated before. And it was just a joke about lemons/vitamin C/being healthy and not having colds.............

Quite, which is why it's useless unless someone wants sudden and drastic weight loss on a temporary basis and is happy to revert back to their previous loss when they stop the diet. Diets are easy, keeping the weight off isn't, which is why healthy eating and exercise is the only way to achieve the latter.

Are you saying you think you would be more likely to get a cold if you go the Lemon Diet? Detoxing is actually good for general health.

I'm not saying anything of the sort, I am saying that healthy eating and exercise are beneficial to one's overall health.