Need to lose weight fast? Try this!

Stop eating rubbish and walk more. :roll:

Dear Cyclone and Plain Talker,

Please can you read about the studies below (as posted yesterday) and then think again about dismissing citrus consumption as garbage.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/090713114459.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110406161030.htm

I think DaFoot already asked for clarification on this

The researchers found it worked by genetically reprogramming the liver to burn up excess fat, rather than store it.

A citrus derived flavinoid is reprogramming our DNA?

And

citrus-derived flavonoid being studied are at higher levels than you could get from dietary components.

This would seem to indicate that eating whole lemons still won't help (unless you eat huge piles of them every day maybe), and drinking lemon juice even less so.

Finally

This study investigated naringenin's preventative properties, but Huff is also investigating whether it can treat obesity and other existing metabolic problems.

So no research has been done yet on whether it can treat obesity, a claim that you're supporting. This study does not support your claim.

The 2nd study is very similar and makes no claims about weight loss, nor has it been studied in humans yet.

I think DaFoot already asked for clarification on this

A citrus derived flavinoid is reprogramming our DNA?

And

This would seem to indicate that eating whole lemons still won't help (unless you eat huge piles of them every day maybe), and drinking lemon juice even less so.

Finally

So no research has been done yet on whether it can treat obesity, a claim that you're supporting. This study does not support your claim.

The 2nd study is very similar and makes no claims about weight loss, nor has it been studied in humans yet.

Hmmm. I think that the study is claiming that the citrus flavonoids improve liver function so it becomes more efficient at burning fat rather 'reprogramming the DNA'.

And the study has found that flavonoids derived from citrus has potential to prevent obesity.

Now that might not be same thing as going on The Beyonce Diet but I think this is very interesting research by genuine scientists which should not be dismissed as quackery or rubbish.

I have really enjoyed lurking on the progression of this thread over the last few days. Cyclone & Plain Talker have done a great job of asking how and why and from what I have seen pfifes has come up with nowt that answers these questions.

I regularly see people that have been on the lemon juice/atkins/cabbage soup/banana/cereal (and all the other fad) diets that are out there.

Many people have said it and I'm going to say it too, there is no "fast way to lose weight" in a safe and sustainable way.

Put in less fuel than you burn and you will lose weight. simple. I wont even recommend exercise as the amount you have to do to burn off a meaningful amount of fat is ridiculous! It's much easier to find a way of not putting food in in the first place rather than trying to exercise it off.

It is much better to be active and have a balanced diet which is why these fad diets of whatever kind will always be fads.

I have really enjoyed lurking on the progression of this thread over the last few days. Cyclone & Plain Talker have done a great job of asking how and why and from what I have seen pfifes has come up with nowt that answers these questions.

I regularly see people that have been on the lemon juice/atkins/cabbage soup/banana/cereal (and all the other fad) diets that are out there.

Many people have said it and I'm going to say it too, there is no "fast way to lose weight" in a safe and sustainable way.

Put in less fuel than you burn and you will lose weight. simple. I wont even recommend exercise as the amount you have to do to burn off a meaningful amount of fat is ridiculous! It's much easier to find a way of not putting food in in the first place rather than trying to exercise it off.

It is much better to be active and have a balanced diet which is why these fad diets of whatever kind will always be fads.

I can tell you how the cabbage soup diet works:- you lose weight by all the energy consumed by the breaking of wind! :hihi:

Hmmm. I think that the study is claiming that the citrus flavonoids improve liver function so it becomes more efficient at burning fat rather 'reprogramming the DNA'.

So the summary of the study accidentally said "Genetically reprograms" when it actually meant "improves the function of", yeah, I can see that that's an easy mistake to make.

And the study has found that flavonoids derived from citrus has potential to prevent obesity.

No, it said treat obesity, they specifically said that they were now going to investigate the preventative effects and that there are no results from that yet. It pays to actually read what's written.

Now that might not be same thing as going on The Beyonce Diet but I think this is very interesting research by genuine scientists which should not be dismissed as quackery or rubbish.

This is true, it's interesting research, but the research only goes so far and people claiming that lemon juice or lemons will cause weight loss are not supported by these studies.

I personally would not touch a celebrity endorsed diet. They mostly survive on next to nothing or have dieticians and personal trainers to help them keep in shape. The really skinny ones claim they eat like horses which I have difficulty in believing. Failing that they take appetite suppressants and resort to surgery.

I'm trying a turkey diet, you can eat as much turkey as you like, but have to run 10km a day. As endorsed by Cyclone.

OK! i will give try and see what will happened with my weight. It will increase or Decrease. :mad:

After someone suggested to me that cold baths are good for muscle recovery (scientific support is sketchy at best) I started to wonder ... the human body uses energy to keep warm.

Sitting in cold water must drain heat as water conducts heat away from the body most effectively.

Therefore I propose that sitting in cold water for 10 minutes 3 times a day will help you lose weight. Evidence for this diet is clear if you visit any surfing beach....how many fat surfers do you see. Clearly they have lost weight due to being sat in cold water for extended periods of time.

All I need now is a catchy name and someone to make my ice-baths to sell for £lots and I'm laughing all the way to the bank.

Lemon... diet...

:(

:(:(:(

Goddamnit people.

You know what, just carry on and be obese. I don't care any more.

After someone suggested to me that cold baths are good for muscle recovery (scientific support is sketchy at best) I started to wonder ... the human body uses energy to keep warm.

Sitting in cold water must drain heat as water conducts heat away from the body most effectively.

Therefore I propose that sitting in cold water for 10 minutes 3 times a day will help you lose weight. Evidence for this diet is clear if you visit any surfing beach....how many fat surfers do you see. Clearly they have lost weight due to being sat in cold water for extended periods of time.

All I need now is a catchy name and someone to make my ice-baths to sell for £lots and I'm laughing all the way to the bank.

Or they could just turn there central heating down and wear less cloths when out in the cold, they will save money and lose weight, but hey there are plenty of gullible people out there so you might make a few quid. :D

Apart from all the good advice I have read on this topic about eating a healthy diet and exercising.

Being cold will increase your metabolic rate so turn you’re heating down, you will need to be cold but not freezing; your body will respond by shivering and converting food and fat into heat.