Need to lose weight fast? Try this!

Lemon juice stimulates the flow of saliva and gastric juice and is an excellent digestive agent. And the health of your digestive system determines how well nutrients get absorbed from your food, how effectively toxins are filtered out and eliminated from your body and how quickly you lose weight.Lemon juice - when taken regularly first thing in the morning, acts as a tonic to the liver and stimulates it to produce bile making it ready to digest the day's food; helps lower blood sugar and can lower the glycemic impact of any meal; is one of the richest and most concentrated food sources of vitamin C and recent research suggests that people who eat more fresh citrus are more likely to lose weight; and, contains pectin power, creating a satisfying feeling of fullness and preventing nagging hunger.

I'm not sure why you think posting the blurb for a book called The Lemon Juice Diet is going to help.

Interesting to see some of the author's other books on that link:

Numerology

An Angel Saved Me

How To See Your Angels (lots of other angel books too)

Psychic Cats

And remember that Beyonce lost 20lb in 2 weeks on the lemon diet

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-lemon-detox-diet-used-beyonce-other-hollywood-307842.html

I recommend the "remove a leg diet", you can loose up to 1/5th of your body weight in just 1 day! As recommended by dozens of 'doctors' and probably a few rather dim celebrities.

Have you actually got any SCIENTIFIC evidence that lemon juice does anything beyond the expected and obvious?

And remember that Beyonce lost 20lb in 2 weeks on the lemon diet

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-lemon-detox-diet-used-beyonce-other-hollywood-307842.html

From that article:

This detox diet was largely promoted by singer Beyonce, who was quoted as saying, "I lived on water, cayenne pepper and maple syrup for 14 days. It was tough; everyone was eating and I was dying." But, in two weeks she reportedly lost 20 pounds.

14 days with no food? No wonder she lost weight!

Had the only change to diet been to start regular lemon consumption you may have a valid point, however the very idea that the weight loss during 14 days of starvation can be down (solely) to the lemons is ludicrous.

EDIT:

Should have added, no doubt Beyonce has a personal trainer that pushes her through some tough exercise routines too in order to stay in shape... though of course it's all about the lemon juice.

Maybe we should get together and promote the 'nothing diet'. It's cheaper and easier than the lemon juice diet. You simply eat nothing for 14 days, all you can consume is water. We can probably offer a 21lbs loss (for someone who is the same size as Beyonce) in that time.

I'll start building the website tonight - do you want to do the book?

Don't forget to buy a doctorate off ebay too to give us some legitimacy.

We've had to give up asking for any proof, you just keep linking to blogs and self advertising doctors with books to sell.

We've had to give up asking for any proof, you just keep linking to blogs and self advertising doctors with books to sell.

Erm, yesterday I posted up a scientific study showing clearly that eating grapefruits has increased weight loss in obese insulin resistant people.

The study concludes that the mechanism for how this works is not yet established but clearly, results show there is a definate link.

Yet, this is dismissed as utter garbage as it doesn't fit in with the views of you and others on here.

OK - this was grapefruits - not lemons - but why just dismiss it as rubbish out of hand?? Clearly this study has shown that further research into citrus consumption and weight loss is needed. In the meantime, I have shown that doctors and celebrities such as Beyonce endorse The Lemon Diet.

OK - this was grapefruits - not lemons - but why just dismiss it as rubbish out of hand?? Clearly this study has shown that further research into citrus consumption and weight loss is needed.

That's not enough to claim drinking lemon juice/eating lemons will help you lose weight.

The only proof you have offered is that Beyonce lost weight while following the 'nothing but lemon' diet - which seems more like starvation than proving lemons help someone lose weight.

In the meantime, I have shown that doctors and celebrities such as Beyonce endorse The Lemon Diet.

Personally I will never take the endorsement of a 'celebrity' as any sort of reason to adopt a behaviour/buy a product. They are all about selling their name/image, that includes lending their name to a the latest fad diet if it pays enough.

I could starve myself for 10 days and drink nothing but tea - I would lose weight. All I'd need then is some cash to get a celeb to endorse it and I'll probably be able to persuade more people like you to peddle it for me.

Erm, yesterday I posted up a scientific study showing clearly that eating grapefruits has increased weight loss in obese insulin resistant people.

Yes you did. You'll note that I've highlighted a few words though which might give you some clues as to why it was largely dismissed as irrelevant.

The study concludes that the mechanism for how this works is not yet established but clearly, results show there is a definate link.

Yet, this is dismissed as utter garbage as it doesn't fit in with the views of you and others on here.

It wasn't dismissed as garbage, it was dismissed as not being about lemons (specifically juice) or the general population, both of which objections you must agree are valid.

OK - this was grapefruits - not lemons - but why just dismiss it as rubbish out of hand?? Clearly this study has shown that further research into citrus consumption and weight loss is needed. In the meantime, I have shown that doctors and celebrities such as Beyonce endorse The Lemon Diet.

Yes, you've shown that a celebrity that didn't eat lost weight, hands up if you're surprised and that a bunch of doctors who have books to sell are self publicists but for some reason haven't written up a scientific paper on the amazing power of lemons...

Yes you did. You'll note that I've highlighted a few words though which might give you some clues as to why it was largely dismissed as irrelevant.

It wasn't dismissed as garbage, it was dismissed as not being about lemons (specifically juice) or the general population, both of which objections you must agree are valid.

Yes, you've shown that a celebrity that didn't eat lost weight, hands up if you're surprised and that a bunch of doctors who have books to sell are self publicists but for some reason haven't written up a scientific paper on the amazing power of lemons...

Ok, you personally may not have dismissed the study as 'garbage' but at least 2-3 others did!! Indeed the paper was about obese people with a medical condition but why assume that such a simple thing as eating grapefruits shouldn't be followed by obese people without this condition. And you all conveniently ignore that EATING GRAPEFRUITS ACTUALLY MADE OBESE PEOPLE LOSE WEIGHT MORE QUICKLY!

Why make any assumption without evidence. That's the way science works, you make a prediction, which might be that grapefruit helps everyone loose weight, you then test it, you don't jump from grapefruit to lemon juice and then start claiming it's true without evidence.