Anyone else sick of this "Euro Crisis"

I love to watch the news, but just lately, the main headline is always something to do with the Euro Crisis. I'm just sick to the back teeth of hearing it. The French and the Germans conspiring to attain back-door euro dominance. Dithering, meeting after meeting. Standard and Poor hinting they're gonna downgrade the entire Euro community's credit rating.

I don't know why they all don't just admit that the Euro was an ill-concieved idea in the first place and was never going to work!

Now the latest idea is to apply sanctions to those countries who don't do as the Germans and the French say!!!!!....What sort of tin-pot idea is that????...How is that going to address 'problematic' countries? It'll just make it worse for them. Stop dithering and dump the Euro!!!!!

Doesn't all this seem to following a familiar historical pattern ... Germany domineering Europe while the French just go along with whatever the Germans say? Hmmmm!!!

Doesn't all this seem to following a familiar historical pattern ... Germany domineering Europe while the French just go along with whatever the Germans say? Hmmmm!!!

Hmmmm..yes it did occur to me too, but it's probably not PC to voice such things. German dominance? Yep, it does sound familiar!...Eeeeek :help:

Hmmmm..yes it did occur to me too, but it's probably not PC to voice such things. German dominance?

You're right but that didn't stop MP Nicholas Ridley saying such things. He was immediately sacked from the cabinet as a result.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/7259558/from-the-archives-ridley-was-right.thtml

If you're sick of it now ... wait till next year!

I wonder Pete Morris, how much your nausea might grow over the coming months. The potential for what we are calling the euro crisis to swallow up the livelihoods of millions of europeans, yours included, is frightening.

Or what quisquose said...

I wonder Pete Morris, how much your nausea might grow over the coming months. The potential for what we are calling the euro crisis to swallow up the livelihoods of millions of europeans, yours included, is frightening.

Or what quisquose said...

So you're predicting financial armageddon?......I know, lets all be communists, and the Chinese and the Russians can be capitalists!

I'm just sick to death of hearing about it...why don't they get their finger out and do something, instead of the one-upmanship and squabbling about who's doing what and who's top dog!

Does the name 'Chamberlain' ring any bells? Or the name 'Maginot'?

...yeah, didn't think so either :hihi:

I'm just sick to death of hearing about it...why don't they get their finger out and do something, instead of the one-upmanship and squabbling about who's doing what and who's top dog!

But by keeping in the headlines that their talking, to me, is a smokescreen and bloomin expensive way to make it look like their even trying to do something, in reality their trying to ride it out on the cheap and then when it sorts itself into some kind of semblance they'll take all the credit... but in reality they'll have just been having a few free lunches.

What was it the other day, tomorrow they start 10 days of talks (even though the last round of talks only finished a couple of days ago), but both have commented that it is unlikely they will be able to do anything for a few years...

Basically they're all 'stuck' in the mire of an expensive and ill-concieved mistake. And nobody quite knows how to wriggle out of it. I watched the news this morning and although a vox-pop type poll of French people, a lot of them were saying lets ditch the Euro, and go back to Francs.

Basically they're all 'stuck' in the mire of an expensive and ill-concieved mistake. And nobody quite knows how to wriggle out of it. I watched the news this morning and although a vox-pop type poll of French people, a lot of them were saying lets ditch the Euro, and go back to Francs.

Should governments then take decisions based upon the opinions of a few people chosen by a TV company ? That really would be democracy in action !

It's important news and I'm enjoying seeing the Euro collapse.