Calling all Cottams and Friends of Cottams

Hi, I just bought an old table water bottle on eBay that says "Cottam and Son" and Sheffield. Does anyone know anything about this firm? Also, I'm curious - Vincent seems to be a common name with Cottam. How many of you have a Vincent?

Eric & Nellie Cottam of Cottams Mineral waters, sheffield, lived down Grassthorpe Rd., Gleadless. Their son, John Barry now lives somewhere on the south coast

i used to work for a company in Chesterfield called "Arthur Cottam (Horseshoes) Ltd" it was family run business passed down through generations of Cottams sine about 1920's

The first owner was Arthur Cottam, then his son Arthur Cottam and now the present owner Arthur Cottam helped with his son Paul Cottam and daughter Jane Fox

Hello all

I have Cottam relatives via my grandfather on my dads side - my grandfather wasn't a Cottam, his name was Colin Weatherall, he died nearly 50 years ago.

I have lost contact with the Cottam relatives, they live in the Rotherham area, there is a Peter Cottam with a son who would be about 15 now, called Philip, and Peter has a sister named Ann, and either their father or their uncle is called Charlie. I believe Peter and Ann are my grandfathers cousins.

Any distant or not so distant relatives?

Hannah

If any help, my son used to play football for one of the Sheffield Sunday league teams, Brunsmeer Athletic, a few years ago. One of his teammates was a "strapping youth" called William Cottam....and a nice lad he was too!

He'd be 24 (+/-1) now : if I remember right, he lived somewhere on Arbourthorne.....

my dad was called henry but known as harry, born in leyland in 1902, had five or six sisters , moved to leeds and had the position of general manager in stanningley. My mum was called ethel. my name was valerie cottam but now is berry. I now live in cleveleys not too far from cottam, by dad used to say thomas cottam was his grandad or great grandad and lived at.. cottam hall and was known as sir thomas cottamAs i went to school in leeds i used to tell my friends about sir thomas and i wonder if any of you could verify this thanks..

there was a Jacqueline Cottam at Gleadless Primary School when I was there

my great aunt irene bennett married lewis cottam,i think they lived at brampton ave,thurcroft.he work at thurcroft pit ,something to do with lamps. they had a daughter barbara who now lives in loughborough.

I had a friend in the early 60s.Roger Cottam.

He lived up Shiregreen at the time.

Roger was a painter and sign writer.

I would be grateful if anyone had information

hi

if you was still wanting to know about roger cottam he passed away a few years ago and his wife doreen cottam also passed away a couple of years too i was a good friend of theres.

I knew an Arthur Cottam at Nether Edge Grammar in the 1950's

One of my ancestors Elizabeth Cottam married George Cottam in Laughton En Le Morthen in 1824. George owned the Hatfeild Pub in the village annd farm around 200 acres.

Hope this helps.

PopT

Hi, My name is Jacqueline and my dad was John William Cottam born 1921, his dad was Wilfred Cottam born 1877 who was the son of John Cottam born 1843. They originated from the Carlton in Lindrick, Notts, Cottams.

I am trying to trace anyone who knows anything about Wilfred who was married to my granny Sophia Hardy.

My dad used to say that we came from the poor side of the family as the other side, Arthur Cottam, made horseshoes and were wealthy.

there was a Jacqueline Cottam at Gleadless Primary School when I was there

Hi, I think I am the Jacqueline you went to school with. I was born 1947 and went to the school about 1951. I would love to hear from you.

Cheers

Jackie