Meadow Street S3 - Anyone got any memories?

Yes stuart glover was a great footballer he used to be one of the stars on the red muck at the end of morpeth street where the shell garage is.My brother alan used to say glover should have made it but i think he found beer an women,but stuart was a great lad.I think he is a bricklayer and still see him now and again.

I know Stuart Glover but I didnt know he was a footballer,and yes he is a bricklayer,and a very nice man.

You learn something every day.

Edited by nosy nellie

I know Stuart Glover but I didnt know he was a footballer,and yes he is a bricklayer,and a very nice man.

You learn something every day.

I was at school with him I think he was in the same class as one of my sisters a couple of years younger than me

thats right every saturday morning she took the bets

That was my Grandad Albert Wharton...:hihi:

to morpeth. I havnt heard from your Alan since he left Sheffield. I thought he had moved into derbyshire. When Botts is mentioned, I still have a fishing basket that I bought in 1953.I also remember Dave Mason that lived next door to you. it was a very pleasant surprise to hear your comments.

In the yard where my Auntie Norah O'Hara lived, there was Martha Moffat who had ason called ken and the Glover family who had alot of sons,This was in the 1950's. Aunty had the hairdressers,martha had a sort of haberdashery. Wilfred croft had ashop next to my aunts selling all sorts,his dad had a rag and bone shop on your way to the brocco.Wilfred s son went to St vincents and on to del a salle

I have remembered some more shops on Port Machon Netherthorpe place there was "Bryans" the bakers everything baked on the premises Abbey Glen laundry Esther s sweet shop and there was Tofts/Tufts bakers at the bottom of Watery Lane where you could get fresh bread from the bakehouse at a half door before the shop opened probably from about 7-30 am and Brandwoods newsagents in St. Philips Road.

to morpeth. I havnt heard from your Alan since he left Sheffield. I thought he had moved into derbyshire. When Botts is mentioned, I still have a fishing basket that I bought in 1953.I also remember Dave Mason that lived next door to you. it was a very pleasant surprise to hear your comments.

Hi bobo great to hear from you alan is now living in crosspool im sure he would love to hear from you he often talks about all his old friends

I remember bryants did a wonderful coffee and walnut cake. On Saturday we used to buy that and then go to Alfs chipshop. By this time my aunties hairdressers had finished and we all went in the back for lunch

Memories are all we have now of Meadow Street- its been wiped off the map.

Edited by Wardsbitter
word missed out

What a shame,What an interesting place with all the characters that live in that area,Watery Lane, Meadow Street,St Philips Road,Hammond Street,Upperthorpe,Wentworth Street,Burlington Street, The Tip,Bellfield Street,Fawsett Street.What a great childhood we had growing up in that area no money but we still enjoyed ourselves more than the kids these days could ever imagine.