Tradesmen - Daily rate?

hi i be happy to quote ta jeff p.s m mitchell has a very good feedback on the forum ta jeff

The good ones are busy the crap ones will fall over themselves to work for you.

My rates generally range betweeen £150 - £180 per day. If someone is available to work tomorrow, start asking questions.

Electrician maybe £200 ish

Plasterer maybe £100 - £120

Joiner maybe £120 - £150

I agree and these prices are around the same I would have put but maybe £150 for the plasterer if he had a labourer

£150 for 2 people inc transport and tools, like going back 15 years

We are happy to provide you with a free quotation.

Thanks Paul.

lol around 17 years ago when I started most of the trades were on around £60-£80 a day and I was on £32 a week as an apprentice and yes we had transport and tool aswell in them days:hihi:

Yeah but the good times are over,and you wont get paid the rates offered 3-4 years ago given the stagnation in construction.Very little new builds mean big firms are undercutting smalller trades men and women.

the good ones are busy - lol, my best mates a plasterer, has been all his working life (25 years) he cannot find any work at the moment, i myself am a gas safe registered engineer and can't remember the last time i worked a full week - gone are the days of naming your price, mafyas quite correct i'd say with the prices he's put down there, get three quotes for each trade and be wary of anyone offering to do all the jobs i'd say - big SIGH !!

the good ones are busy - lol, my best mates a plasterer, has been all his working life (25 years) he cannot find any work at the moment, i myself am a gas safe registered engineer and can't remember the last time i worked a full week - gone are the days of naming your price, mafyas quite correct i'd say with the prices he's put down there, get three quotes for each trade and be wary of anyone offering to do all the jobs i'd say - big SIGH !!

Thats the truth-all these comments about people who can start next day are quite thoughtless as many are struggling to find work,in particular plasterers have hit hard times

I think a lot depends on the work/trade needed. If you are wanting a room plastered for cosmetic reasons, or an outside tap because its what you want, then people are shopping round or thinking twice about the work. However if its a burst pipe or all you electrics have tripped then thats a necessity and you have no choice but to get it fixed.

Couldn't agree more.