Which songs were Roxy Disco anthems?

Hold Back The Night - The Trammps

Be Young Be Foolish Be Happy - The Tams

Love On A Mountain Top - Robert Knight

(S.O.S.) Stop Her On Sight - Edwin Starr

Am I going too far back to suggest.....WOOLEY BULLY ...Sam The Sham and the Pharaohs......CLASSIC Roxy!!

:thumbsup::banana:

Mid 80's and Chain Reaction by Diana Ross was played loads (never liked it though) and a great track by Pete Wylie called Sinful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xweprgwVBd4&feature=related

The opening "Woh woh wohhhhhh" will transport you back!!!

Is that all reyt for yuzz! :D

I remember everyone sitting down in long lines when "Oops upside your head" came on.

"Vogue" by Madonna got a lot of plays.

Dreadful place, wipe-your-feet-on-the-way-out and all that.

Fortunately only one song really reminds me of the place - guess I went half a dozen times between 1986 and 1988 - and that's Love Can't Turn Around by Farley Jackmaster Funk.

Preferred Gossips, Josephine's and Sinatra's by a mile. Indeed, anywhere other than the old sticky carpet in The Roxy!!

Edited by Ousetunes

The Original Roxy Disco Returns! TONIGHT!!! Doors open 10.30pm. We have been noting all your song requests.. keep them coming in today and we will do our best to make sure they get played

Tickets online here or booking fee free from our box office. http://www.o2academysheffield.co.uk/event/32434/the-original-roxy-disco-tickets

I rember going there in early 70s, think it was top rank then though. Under 18s on a tuseday night and saturday mornings. Best days of our lifes then. I rember there were loads of us all used to catch the same bus [ 52 crooks ] there were a load from woodhouse and from all over handsworth. Dress code then for the lads was platform boots with your name in glitter down the side of the boots, bell bottom trousers, cheescloth shirts and crombies with a red hanky in the top pocket.

A few names i remember are bob butterworth, martin stones [ peb ] sean bean, and many others whos names escape me at the moment, not forgetting all the lovely girls that used to go with us and all those we used to meet there every week. We never had any trouble it was always good fun.

The music we used to dance to were the likes of sweet [ ballroom blitz ] love on a mountain top ect.

Those were the days. HAPPY, HAPPY MEMORIES,

BILLY BOY.

The dance floor used to really bounce whenever 'Papa's got a brand new pigbag' was played.

Never had you down as a Roxys boy :hihi:

can not believe no one has mentioned one of the true anthems of Roxys. it was played months and months and months and months before it hit the charts. was an absolutely brilliant song. I have the 12inch version, bought long before it charted. Man to Man - Male Stripper!!!!