Does having 3 points on your licence affect your car insurance costs?

Did you not get offered the speed awareness course?
yes I did,but decided to take the points before realising the additional costs on insurance...doh!

will be finding out soon as I have just been caught. 23 years of driving and never been caught - gutted.

will be finding out soon as I have just been caught. 23 years of driving and never been caught - gutted.
Odds are they'll get you eventually as many roads are not clear on limit and even satnav gets it wrong.:confused:

Odds are they'll get you eventually as many roads are not clear on limit and even satnav gets it wrong.:confused:

Which roads aren't clearly marked? Just asking.

OK, I been a naughty boy, I got caught doing 79mph on a motorway and now I have a choice.

I can go on a speed awareness course or I can have 3 points on my licence.

If I go for the speed awareness course it will cost £85, however if I go for the 3 points it will cost £60 and 3 points.

On paper it seems the £60 is the obvious punishment, however if I have 3 points does this mean I have to pay more for car insurances premiums?

Obviously, we want to keep our household costs down, and the last thing we want is a silly hike in our insurance because of a minor speeding offence

If you are offered a course go for it. You are lucky to be offered at 79mph.

All points count on your insurance and there is always a chance that 3 can become 6 etc.

I currently have 15 points, and believe me that puts your premium right through the roof.