Honeypie - new tea shop/cafe - Now Closed :(

Is this just a coffee and cake kind of place or do they do good breakfasts too? Always searching for that perfect bacon/sausage combo!

Please take the following as some constructive criticism.

I went in when it opened and came away not spending a penny, although i travelled all the way to check it out.

1. had to step over plant pots to get in - the decor is some what of a personal taste

2. no one acknowledged us at the door, we wandering around finding a table.

3. no menus tho see except a chalk board with cakes drinks and alphabet pasta on

4. they came to take the order and i asked for a breakfast which they said they do not do and told me to go down the road for one ... there was an awkward pause ... so we we said ok and left.

This will make a great tea / coffee and cake shop - excellent at this ... but can selling just excellent pots of teas and home made cakes keep you going.

... and never send potential guests to the competition.

Please take the following as some constructive criticism.

I went in when it opened and came away not spending a penny, although i travelled all the way to check it out.

1. had to step over plant pots to get in - the decor is some what of a personal taste

2. no one acknowledged us at the door, we wandering around finding a table.

3. no menus tho see except a chalk board with cakes drinks and alphabet pasta on

4. they came to take the order and i asked for a breakfast which they said they do not do and told me to go down the road for one ... there was an awkward pause ... so we we said ok and left.

This will make a great tea / coffee and cake shop - excellent at this ... but can selling just excellent pots of teas and home made cakes keep you going.

... and never send potential guests to the competition.

Sounds like you got there very early on. They have menus now, and lunch and breakfasts, so your constructive criticism has already taken effect - as if by magic. I hope it does keep going, because its just a nice refreshing change from crappy chains or greasy spoons. Oh and the alphabetti spaghetti is the child friendly option grown ups do get a more sophisticated menu.

Well im a bit offended that Meersbrook isn't seen as a 'luxury spend area'. You dont need to be loaded or live in S11 to be able to enjoy a bit if cake! I havent had the opportunity to go, but think it's in a good location. There always seems to be people passing, Mums with prams and I'm sure some people frlm the retail park will pop in. I wish it dvery success, and hope to call in soon! x

Really nice place. Great food, cakes and service. Very accommodating with the children too. Been there several times now and will continue to go. A great addition to a friendly, family neighbourhood.

As for ab6262; please, please get a grip.

(I wrote something else there but deleted it twice. I think you can probably guess!)

Cheers!

OOh, sounds awesome. I'm going today - will report back with an, err, report!

Went in on a Saturday - was so busy that we got the only free table and people were coming in and having to leave because they couldn't get a seat. It's a fairly decent sized place so this was a good sign. We loved the decor, crockery and quirky table cloths. The tea was really nice and I was pleased that it was accompanied by a good old custard cream. My friends had the soup which was extremely substantial for what had been chosen as a 'light option'. I had the welsh rarebit which was really lovely. We finished off with some chocolate coca cola cake which went down very well. Will definitely visit again.

:)thank you to all those who have actually been into my tearoom rather than casting criticism from afar, and no mattthedad is not me or a relative, just someone who obviously does like what we do, If you dont that is fine and I wish you well in your mission to attempt to judge something you obviously know nothing about :)

Went in on a Saturday - was so busy that we got the only free table and people were coming in and having to leave because they couldn't get a seat. It's a fairly decent sized place so this was a good sign. We loved the decor, crockery and quirky table cloths. The tea was really nice and I was pleased that it was accompanied by a good old custard cream. My friends had the soup which was extremely substantial for what had been chosen as a 'light option'. I had the welsh rarebit which was really lovely. We finished off with some chocolate coca cola cake which went down very well. Will definitely visit again.

sounds lovely! Bet it was busy from all the sledging in the park. Will have to nip and try some coffee and cake soon :love:

I liked it when I was there, and I told my wife about it.

I couldn't properly enjoy it, as I was working and sat with my laptop :(

As you seem to be actively involved in promoting the Bishops House Restaurant your views might be taken as trying to slag off the opposition.

Dear Foxy Lady,

As the owner of Bishops Coffee House and Bistro, and speaking for the other two employees who work with me, we will have no gain in "slagging off" other establishments.

I personally know 90% of other cafe owners in the area, and especially Jo of the Honey Pie Tea Shop, of who I and my daughter are regulars of.

Good luck Jo in your new venture and I wish the Honey Pie Tea Rooms all the best, and thats coming from a regular customer too!

As we are two different places with differing offers, menus and decor, you will get people who will prefer one over the other, thats not to say one is better than the other just different.

What sort of opening times does this place have as I'm tempted to try it out next time I'm in the area.