Honeypie - new tea shop/cafe - Now Closed :(

Anyone tried this new place on Chesterfield Road, opposite the retail park? It wasn't open when I went to the hairdressers last time, but it looks friendly and nice. I thought I might pop in next time I need a trim. Haven't been out for tea and cake for ages and Pollards has gone now. I do like quality tea and I'm willing to pay for it so long as I get hot water for a top up.

There are a lot of stay at home mums in the area who would probably appreciate a slice of cake and cup of tea in the afternoon after being up in the park or whatnot. It beats all the kebabs and pizza places that seem to be popping up along the road.

(BTW is it located where Wendys cafe used to be??)

If people go there ,instead of taking bets on how long it will stay open it will have a better chance.good luck to them.

yeah I have seen this place, don't think its open yet. Think it could do well as I live in the area and their are often lots of people in Meersbrook park over the summer months and that doesn't have its own cafe and this isn't far.

looked open this afternoon, all lights were on. agree it looks a bit dated from outside but might be lovely inside so worth a look.

Went recently and its lovely inside, 40s themed and really cosy on a miserable day. Good coffee, and they do bee-stings! Hadn't had one of them since Yvonne's bakery on Ecclesall Rd closed. If you've never had one it's a bun with loads of custard in it. Naughty but nice!

I think it's a great addition to Meersbrook , especially after the sad demise of the Bohemian.

Well, I popped in as was over that way visiting a friend. Its really lovely, Soooo much cake, I couldn't choose, really good pot of tea, got more than two cups, very generous portions of food too. Apparently they were in the park for a while but now they have this shop. It was a nice relaxing way to escape the vile weather and I'm going to take my friend back there for the carols on the 18th - unless it snows and I'll be in my bed eating supermarket cake instead. I'd seen the shop front and was waiting for it to open and I'm not disappointed.

oh i am glad not to disappoint:P but really have you seen the place?? looks like grandmas parlour from the fifties from the outside, no real identity, no parking as such, passing trade......er will pass, the demographics of the area is hardly luxury spend territory is it? and hardly a must go destination area? but hey good luck;)

Have to say, you can park directly outside its not restricted and anyway there's oodles of parking on the retail park and it looks like a lot of people come across after shopping there. And the fifties theme - I think that's how the identity thing works - a name, a theme, something nobody else is doing...?

Well we think it's brilliant. The coffee and tea really is very good quality and nearly all the food is sourced and made locally and free range organic etc , Lots of thought and effort has clearly gone into this place .

I wish them well as they are obviously trying to do something good and different with quality and the local area in mind.

They've only been open for a couple of weeks and are doing a great service to the area already.

Good luck !

Had a fab coffee and cake there. The area is perfect and I will certainly be supporting...really good luck

I went in yesterday, such a lovely place! And my pot of tea seemed never ending, which was great. It's so cheap too, all the food looked lovely.

Such a great place to have locally.