Sharps - where do I dispose of them

I know this is a very old thread but does anyone know if Lloyds on London road will dispose of sharps. Can I just turn up with them or do i have to ring first to arrange it. They are in a sharps box just don't know what to do with them so there sat in the house collecting dust.

Cheers Ben

Try ringing them to ask

Try ringing them to ask

Why is people have never got anything constructive to say. If I could of rung them when I posted the message then I would of. This is exactly why this forum is terrible it's because of idiots like you.

Why is people have never got anything constructive to say. If I could of rung them when I posted the message then I would of. This is exactly why this forum is terrible it's because of idiots like you.

What do you mean by "sharps" btw? if you mean needles and/blades then why not say so; what's all this "sharps" nonsense?

Yes I mean needles. Knowing this forum if I had of said needles someone would piped up said don't you mean sharpes.

"Sharps" is the modern healthcare term for anything which could cut the skin. Including spikes from a drip bag, scalpel blades, syringe needles etc.

In a hospital setting, you would get a yellow sharps bin to safely dispose of used sharps.

I understand that if you are a diabetic that uses needles for insulin they you can get a sharps bin to use at home managed by your GP or Pharmacy.

This is one of my pet hates - It's would have or would've

I know this is a very old thread but does anyone know if Lloyds on London road will dispose of sharps. Can I just turn up with them or do i have to ring first to arrange it. They are in a sharps box just don't know what to do with them so there sat in the house collecting dust.

Cheers Ben

If you go to the Wicker Pharmacy they can give you a sharps container and you can drop it off with them and they'll dispose of it if its a small amount, if its a large amount you could ring SCC environmental health

This is one of my pet hates - It's would have or would've
Well done AMR67. This mistake is so common nowadays, even by some quite well known professional journalists and broadcasters who should know better.

My husband is diabetic.

All his used needles are put into a small plastic Hazard container. When it's full he takes it to the doctors where it's exchanged for a new one.

Well done AMR67. This mistake is so common nowadays, even by some quite well known professional journalists and broadcasters who should of known better.

There, fify.