California Fresh

Hi Does anyone know what the old Flying Pizza Restaurant on Glossop Rd is going to be? There is a big sign in the window saying "coming soon California Fresh" but gives little info as to what this will be.

Thanks in advance.

It is going to be a sandwich shop, similar to subway so I have heard. There will also be a Chinese restaurant next door to it as the old flying pizza unit has been split into 2 units. I don't know when it is due to open though.

It opened last week. I've just been past, they've got the Beach Boys on loud speaker (so far, so California) but the menu board is advertising Mexican type food. Strange concept. When the California Fresh sign went up originally, I thought they were going to be a juice bar!

I popped in the other day for a fresh juice and they didn't sell it! Think they really should start selling it as I'm obviously not the first person to get that vibe!

However, the girl behind the counter was really lovely and the atmosphere was pretty nice!

It opened last week. I've just been past, they've got the Beach Boys on loud speaker (so far, so California) but the menu board is advertising Mexican type food. Strange concept. When the California Fresh sign went up originally, I thought they were going to be a juice bar!

Hmmm sounds interesting. Cali Mex is soooo yummy.

Hmmm sounds interesting. Cali Mex is soooo yummy.

Random isn't it? Wonder what they were thinking....?

There isn't anything random about burritos ("mexican food") and the california theme.... they are one and the same

Hi Does anyone know what the old Flying Pizza Restaurant on Glossop Rd is going to be? There is a big sign in the window saying "coming soon California Fresh" but gives little info as to what this will be.

Thanks in advance.

I think you can be pretty certain, with a name like that, that the food will not be from California or particularly fresh.

That's what it means.

Hi! This is California Fresh at 257 Glossop Road ( at the top of west street opposite university tram stop)

Thanks to everyone for your interest and comments and we are glad that the people who visited and commented enjoyed their experience.

Just to clear up a few things the Californian style of burritos that we serve originated in the mission district of California. They are denoted by their size and the contents that are put inside them.

All of our food is made fresh daily on site using fresh ingredients. The salsa, guacamole and beans are all home made and all our meat marinades are our own special recipes.

The co owner is American and lived in California - hence the concept and the name.

To try and make a fun experience for our customers we have put our own twist on some of the food items available such as a cheese burger style burrito, the philly cheese steak burrito and many others.

We wanted to create a fun environment for customers to enjoy their food. The décor is beach themed with surfboards for tables. You won't experience anywhere like this in Sheffield. We aim to bring sun shine and cheer to our customers every day despite the English weather.

We aim to offer good value for money with special importance put on keeping everything fresh, healthy and tasting great.

Look forward to seeing you in California.

Thanks for posting! Wishing the owner a Happy Fourth!

(BTW if youre selling nachos/tortilla chips are they made fresh or brought in?)

Thanks for posting! Wishing the owner a Happy Fourth!

(BTW if youre selling nachos/tortilla chips are they made fresh or brought in?)

Thanks!

We make the nacho chips here and we also make tortilla strips to put into your burrito as well.

Do you have a veggie option? Sounds good, so I'm really hoping that you do!