Night Photography Group

Hi,

Is there a group that meets up to specifically do Night Photography?

I imagine now is the best time of year to do this type of thing.

I really like some of the images created at night in Sheffield but I a) don't have the confidence to shoot at night on my own b) have problems with settings.

I think a group of people would be really helpful.

Hi,

Is there a group that meets up to specifically do Night Photography?

I imagine now is the best time of year to do this type of thing.

I really like some of the images created at night in Sheffield but I a) don't have the confidence to shoot at night on my own b) have problems with settings.

I think a group of people would be really helpful.

There isn't a group for night photography but it is one of the ideas thrown around for a general group meet. I for one would be up for a night shoot in town so c'mon guys who's in?

I'm In, Iv been and done a few by myself but I need help from someone whos more experienced in night photography

Is there an experienced Night Photographer to come out with us and act as a guide?

If we can get 3 or 4 of us out one night with someone experienced then I'll be up for that.

I wouldn't call myself an experienced night photographer, but I have been out a few times. I would suggest the following requirements:

1. Warm clothing. You'll be standing around a lot.

2. A tripod.

3. A remote control for the camera. Pressing the button on the camera causes it to shake, and spoiling the picture. I use one of these on my Canon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Timer-Remote-Control-RS-60E3-Canon/dp/B003WD0IKO

Another thing I've found is that it can be difficult to get the focusing right. Manually focusing in the dark can be a bit tricky and the auto focus tends to get it wrong, especially when the object is nearby.

A couple I took recently:

Sheffield:

6378649535_93996aff86_z.jpg

Better on Black: Sheffield (50mm lens)

Fulwood Lane:

6378648637_18c904d34b_z.jpg

Better on Black: Fulwod Lane

Currently I'm making an LED ball so I can attempt pictures like these:

Ball of Light - The Shearers Shed Comes to Life!

K.

Edited by karl101

Like the 2nd pic i would love to be able to get a pic like that i would be intrested in meeting up but must warn you im clueless i got a nikon d3100 last xmas and have hardly used it but if some one patient and willin to learn would be appreciated .

alan..

I'd be interested in this.

Here's a photo taken last year. I believe the star in the middle is the North Star (Polaris):

startrail_800.jpg

I've been wanting to do some city centre shots for a while but have never quite found the time so would be interested in this. I've done quite a bit of night photography so would be happy to answer questions when we're out and about :)

Not taken may shots of Sheffield since moving here but took quite a few at night in Newcastle:

quayside0073quayside.jpg

Edited by Nickscape

I've been wanting to do some city centre shots for a while but have never quite found the time so would be interested in this. I've done quite a bit of night photography so would be happy to answer questions when we're out and about :)

Not taken may shots of Sheffield since moving here but took quite a few at night in Newcastle:

quayside0073quayside.jpg

great pics but be carefull if you go down town with your camera at night as theres gangs of imigrants up to no good...safety in nos ...not done none in town for a while I will post a few pics later..maybe we could arrange a group meet up one night:)

Taken during the construction of wembley

How would everyone feel getting a group together sometime in the new year?

January - February time? It still gets dark early and everyone will have settled down after the Christmas, New Year period.

Sound good?