Where do all the police come from?

Guest sibon
It's a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If they put too many officers on and nothing happens, they are criticised for mis-directing resources. On the other hand, if they said 'it's just a bunch of Geography teachers, nothing to worry about', and then there was trouble, people would be asking 'where were the police?'.

You forgot the Physiotherapists:)

I wasn't suggesting that they shouldn't be there. I was at the demo and I was glad of their presence.

It was a very calm affair though. And the police were suitably low key.

as the old saying goes you never see a bobby when you need one

Has there overtime ban been lifted....dont think so.:hihi:

I was surprised to see 2 near my house at Hunters Bar, then a further 4 on Sharrowvale road- never seen police walking round here, in the 6 years I have lived here! I wondered what was going on? Other than the obvious strikes, as nothing was going on round here....

It was a very calm affair though. And the police were suitably low key.

By and large it was a calm day in London too but a few troublemakers who were not associated with the trade union members decided to trespass and damage private property (again). Fortunately the police were prepared and were able to deal with them quite quickly.

By and large it was a calm day in London too but a few troublemakers who were not associated with the trade union members decided to trespass and damage private property (again). Fortunately the police were prepared and were able to deal with them quite quickly.

I did post a thread highlighting how ridiculous the occupy people were for violently hijacking legitimate mass protest by working people including a poll but it was deleted without explanation by a general discussions mod before i could post the poll. I'd be fascinated to know why and by which mod but as certain mods employ the old nacht und nabel approach in general discussions i doubt i will ever find out.

Why not add your comments to one of the existing 'Occupy' threads such as this: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=897607&highlight=occupy

If you want to discuss your original thread being deleted, you can use the Helpdesk. It wasn't me that deleted it and at the moment I haven't got time to find out why it was removed.

Cheers.

as the old saying goes you never see a bobby when you need one

...... but there's always one there when you wished there wasn't:rolleyes:

I was surprised to see 2 near my house at Hunters Bar, then a further 4 on Sharrowvale road- never seen police walking round here, in the 6 years I have lived here! I wondered what was going on? Other than the obvious strikes, as nothing was going on round here....

Probably BECAUSE of the increased police presence.

the reason for all the officers is the good people like myself doing it voluntarily and like all the many others out there doing the same. some people need to look at the bigger picture sometimes before commenting the police do a very good job the majority of the time its about time people respected that

Hi Alison

I don't think anyone was really saying the police weren't doing a good job, just commenting that there were more of you about than usual.

Hi Alison

I don't think anyone was really saying the police weren't doing a good job, just commenting that there were more of you about than usual.

No your right. They do a <removed> job for the money WE pay them....

Edited by Andy
Language!