Man v. Food equivalents in Sheffield?

I have just been watching Man v. Food on Dave - I catch it when I can - and have been contemplating if there's anything remotely similar in Sheffield. I love the fact that I could go to loads of different places in the US and get something outrageously massive / hot or bad for me. Next time I'm over there I'm going to pull down the list of all his challenges and see if I can pop in to these amazing places he reports on.

So, does Sheffield have an amazing sandwich, or a stupendous hot-dog, or a massive burger or really spicy chicken wings or a stupid pie-and-peas? I've been here since 2000 and the closest I can think of is the Filetto Buckingham in BB's - but that's not really overly massive (and they refuse to do me fries, of course).

Tonight he's eating a 5lb burger.

I think that the pub next to Milhouses Park (Waggon and Horses?) has a burger challenge in that sort of style. That said the burgers there are great anyway, so I'd recommend going :)

I'm not sure that "Man V Food" shenanigans are wholly nessessary myself. I'm sure if it were to catch on in the UK somewhere like the Rutland Arms might some up wih something though.

Absolutely not necessary - and possibly more typically American in nature - however, I am very curious if there are places around here that are famous for what they do, something a little bit off-the-wall, or certain challenges. After all, you can always choose to ignore 'em, I guess, if they're not your cup of tea.

There was another thread - where can I get a BIG STEAK - and the answer, basically, seemed to be "Argentina"... that can't be right.

I'd be very happy to hear of anything else... for example - Grace & Flavour's Belly Buster breakfast sandwich is quite an experience that has just come to mind. I'm not sure they actually call it the Belly Buster - but I do.

The Steer Inn (York) does the 78oz T bone steak challenge.

If you eat it you get £15 worth of alcohol.

I think that the pub next to Milhouses Park (Waggon and Horses?) has a burger challenge in that sort of style. That said the burgers there are great anyway, so I'd recommend going :)

Oh they certainly do! :D

I love Man V Food....try chino's takeaway, they'll rustle something up...although you might want to rename it Man V 'Food'...

I was in a pub in Matlock Bath the other day that had a man v food grill challenege advertised.

the canton king chinese takeaway on middlewood road (i think its m/road) - opposite the kfc, does massive portions ... :hihi:

If enough of you guys out there want a Man v Food night organising we will be happy to oblige! What do you want..a Mega-burger? a Bellyburner chilli? a customised night specifically tailored to you and your pals? We're at Meadowhead, we have a private bar facility and ample free parking. Let us know your ideas and we'll see what we can do! Who's up for it?

Old thread but is there anywhere that do a massive portion?!

I know Rj's on Halifax road do a massive kebab @ 24" wrapped in a garlic naan :) but is there anywhere that does challenges etc?!

Hey there,

We at The Harley on Glossop Road are running a Man vs. Burger competition next week!

Search "Man vs. Burger Round Two" on Facebook to find all the details.

Thanks,

x:love:x

Edited by TheHarley
correcting typo