Orange increasing monthly charges

Radio 4 talked about this earlier, will be on their website if anyone wants to listen to it.

Does inflation mean that it's costing Orange more to connect my call to another mobly? I don't bleedin' think so!

No, but it does impact on the costs of running their business, for example rent for premises, wages, electricity, hardware etc.

I'm not defending them, but it's not just individuals who are suffering from inflation. Of course, when firms rise their prices in line with inflation, that leads to more inflation.

I only pay £10 per month so I think my new bill will be about £10.40.

Remember, if you're not in contract you can ring them up and either cancel or ask for a better deal.

I'm going to use the letter in post 472 on here:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3639779&highlight=orange&page=24

See if it gets me anywhere.

Incidentally it says on there that they made £300million last quarter.

I can see why they have to put prices up:rolleyes:

Edited by swordfish1

I called them and they asked me to write in and give them 30 days notice to cancel.

I have of course taken a reference and sent the letter with a cheque for the monthly line rental and have cancelled the DD.