Who will fit tyres bought on line in Sheffield

Threads like this are the reason I barely started posted on here.

A simple question turns in to people trolling about how the OP is going to ruin Sheffields tyre businesses.

:huh:

To the OP : Best bet is just ring around, the worst they can say is they won't fit them.

Edited by BigAl#13

try blackcircles.com the price quoted includes fitting at a local tyre fitter of your choice (they have a list of participating fitters on the site)

The fitters must be making a profit or they would not offer the service, I got 4 winter tyres fitted for about £30 less than my local independent fitter who was given the opportunity to match the price but declined the business. The tyres were same brand from both and fitting was no more expensive for one than the other so I guess it depends on your ability to pay for your loyalty in these difficult financial times

I guess it depends on your ability to pay for your loyalty in these difficult financial times

My loyalty in these dificult financial times is to my own wallet I'm afraid. I'll look for the best deals anywhere I can.

Black circles are ok but still the cheapest place by far is CamSkill and getting local fitter to do them for about £8 a corner.

Hutchinsons is just at the end of my road and I just spoke to them. They sounded more than happy for the business. They'll do £8 a corner if you take the tyres away and £10 a corner if you want them to dispose of them for you. I'm going to go with that.

dont forget the cost of ringing them all needs to go on how much you will save ps just a thought if one of the tyres gets a fault ie egg orsplit how much will it cost to go thro all the trouble of sending it back etc, good luck

dont forget the cost of ringing them all needs to go on how much you will save ps just a thought if one of the tyres gets a fault ie egg orsplit how much will it cost to go thro all the trouble of sending it back etc, good luck

What are you trying to prove? Crawl back under your rock.

These companies sell 1000's of tyres online a month. I'm sure they have a returns policy just like any other company. Even if I did have to pay postage to send a faulty tyre back I'm sure it wouldn't be more expensive than the cost of having a tyre shop fit one of their own tyres and my research has basically proved it. I've already told you, there are plenty of healthy businesses offering this service. I'm sure this thread will prove useful for others looking to save money just like I was (as long as they ignore all the trolling comments).

Grow up.

PS The call was free cos I get free minutes (oh the pool little phone companies. maybe I should support them more by paying for all my calls?!) ;o)

On The Spot tyres on Abbeydale Rd are good. They'll just remind you that they won't guarantee the tyre etc but they'll do it. I used them for mine.

.you dont get free minutes its all in the rip of cost they over charged you in the first place. ps they are not pool little phone companies

.you dont get free minutes its all in the rip of cost they over charged you in the first place. ps they are not pool little phone companies

I think you've got a crossed line :)

Treads on Effingham Road will fit most tyres for £5 a corner

Hutchinsons is just at the end of my road and I just spoke to them. They sounded more than happy for the business. They'll do £8 a corner if you take the tyres away and £10 a corner if you want them to dispose of them for you. I'm going to go with that.

Sounds like you're sorted now, but if Hutchinsons is just down the road it's worth calling Hawleys on Holme Lane - not sure if they will do it, but can't hurt to try.

Did you get this sorted. I need someone to fit a couple of tyres to my Focus ASAP in Sheffield. The closer to Crookes the better.

Did you get this sorted. I need someone to fit a couple of tyres to my Focus ASAP in Sheffield. The closer to Crookes the better.

Hopefully they did! it was 2 years ago... :)

Same applies as then really, give places a ring and see what they charge. £10 - 15 each i'd have a guess at.