Who will fit tyres bought on line in Sheffield

It's come to that time where I need some new tyres. I used to buy them from CamSkill and get them fitted at BillyBoys Tyres on Penistone Rd. He'd do them for £5 a corner which was very reasonable. Sadly they're shutting down now so just want to get rid of their stock. Less and less garages will fit your own tyres because they always want to sell them to you to make a tidy profit.

There is no garage I can find that will be cheaper than getting them online but I need somewhere that will fit them. Hawleys said they'd do it but they wanted £20 a tyre. Obviously they want to make their profit somehow. I don't mind paying a bit but I don't want to get ripped off and undo any savings I make from getting the tyres cheap.

Anyone know anywhere that does it for around £5-£10 a corner?

Fiver a corner? Could that be why they are closing down? You buy your tyres online and expect somone to fit them for next to nothing. Unfortuneately this is happening in all lines of business and this is why a lot of them are closing down. They have to sell goods to make money, making money pays wages and other overheads and makes a profit. This is what keeps them in business. They don't work for nothing.

That's why I'm not asking them to do it for nothing. I've said I'll pay a reasonable amount.

A good tyre fitter can fit and balance 4 tyres in about 15-20 mins. If I paid him £20 at £5 a corner that's £60-£80 per hour. That doesn't sound like a bad living to me. Also, if I go through the trouble of acquiring the tyres and taking them to him he doesn't even need to store them. Less stock means less space needed, less stock going out of date, less admin.

Yes they have to buy equipment/have premisses etc but I'm not paying a basically unskilled worker over £240 per hour to fit my tyres.

Get off your high horse and don't bother posting anything if you're not going to give a constructive answer.

It's come to that time where I need some new tyres. I used to buy them from CamSkill and get them fitted at BillyBoys Tyres on Penistone Rd. He'd do them for £5 a corner which was very reasonable. Sadly they're shutting down now so just want to get rid of their stock. Less and less garages will fit your own tyres because they always want to sell them to you to make a tidy profit.

There is no garage I can find that will be cheaper than getting them online but I need somewhere that will fit them. Hawleys said they'd do it but they wanted £20 a tyre. Obviously they want to make their profit somehow. I don't mind paying a bit but I don't want to get ripped off and undo any savings I make from getting the tyres cheap.

Anyone know anywhere that does it for around £5-£10 a corner?

I use Tyreshopper.co.uk, they are part of the National Tyre group, they are delivered to the depot, cheaper and you have them fitted at a National Tyre depot at no extra cost.

I use Tyreshopper.co.uk, they are part of the National Tyre group, they are delivered to the depot, cheaper and you have them fitted at a National Tyre depot at no extra cost.

Cheers for that I'll check them out.

The difference is just too much.

From TyreShopper you'll pay £127 fitted for a Toyo T1R

From CamSkill you'll pay £97 delivered but then have to get them fitted. That means anywhere I can get them fitted for under £30 I'm saving money.

i agree with cytine , go to a local rep dealer like dexel at birly and get the job done right. its a bit like buying your chips and frozen fish from asda and asking stans to cook em for you as for buying on line no wonder small guys are going under you know it makes sense

Nobody with any sense would fit them. By fitting them they are making themselves responsible for the safety, suitability and quality of the tyres. Get them fitted 'on line'.

give ecc a ring they will fit them for you .they are based just behind ecclesfield police station .number is 01142 466776 its about 7 pound a corner which is reasonable

You seem to have enough knowledge to open a tyre fitting business of your own.After all,as you say,no particular skills are required to actualy fit the tyres.And you'll get lots of business repairing punctures etc. after all the other tyre fitters have been put out of business by people buying tyres cheap off the internet