'Racist' on the London tram

going back to post 641 above

mr smiths changing the definition of racism for his own ends

No I don't you just use the word inappropriately.

I dont agree..

Why? Was what she did acceptable? It certainly behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace.

As to racist language by the black woman, what do you mean? I didn't hear any?

Or

Her Britain which is predominatly white being 'overrun' in some parts with differing cultures, some who refuse to integrate and 'seem' to get different (ie better) treatment than those who can trace their history back 3 generations or more. Or the erosion of British culture and heritage due to mass imigration.

We wont know till more info comes out.

About time you played your hand. An overrun of culture might be a good thing. She and several on here might benefit from a bit of culture.

there could be a number of reasons she acted like she did. She said she worked - maybe she worked in a place where she was excluded because no-one speaks English - I learned Polish when I worked in an Italian restaurant because thats what everyone spoke.

Maybe she missed out on better job because her work place had to show that they were 'racially diverse' and missed out to someone who'd been in the country for 5 minutes. I've been referred to as 'the racial diverse employee' at 3 different work places even though I hold a British passport.

Maybe she'd been raped by a newcomer and her child was the result of it - that may explain the reason she doen't seem to give a damn about him.

We have seen a 1 1/2 minute clip that comes in after the start. no one knows why she started. we've only seen a glimpse and everyone is making assumptions.

Would any of those conditions applying have made her actions acceptable, or justifiable?

Why? Was what she did acceptable?

No.

Like ive said already ;)

You werent listening then.

Go have another.

She stated "her Britain", and never said "brown".

She's clearly out of order, but she's angry at something, but she doesn't actually come across as institutionally racist, more like someone having a breakdown.

Still, i'd like to see how it all started! She seems very defensive!

Not that I noticed on the first watch, but since reading here, there are also retaliatory racist comments too.

As someone else mention about Hamza and such like, well people would say, there surely is a reason why their being radicalised, well, same is true here too!

Yes she should use that as a defence...I have a feeling it won't be accepted though..

Talk sense. No black woman said anything racist on that clip. "Mealy mouthed thoughts"? Are you frustrated that she isn't the racist you and some others want her to be? :rolleyes:

Nonsense post. The only person being racist in that clip was the one who was lifted! You have no reason to suggest that the woman was drunk either. Only one person was 'loathing'. Others were defending themselves against bigotry. Bigotry that got ONE person lifted on the strength of the evidence on the film. Try harder.

I think you need to look at the footage, and listen to what comes after the initial exchange regarding bawling out in front of the kids - the black woman then resorts to racist comments, which some might be comfortable with, or uncomfortable with - but she didn't start with the racism in the footage shown on youtube, it was the white woman who started, seemingly at random, shouting various racist comments around the carriage... Perhaps it's you who needs to try harder, eh?

Why? Was what she did acceptable? It certainly behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace.

"your lot don't work, if we didn't come here and do the jobs..."

No I don't you just use the word inappropriately.

errrrrrrrrm i gave you the definition

About time you played your hand. An overrun of culture might be a good thing. She and several on here might benefit from a bit of culture.

What hand.

Oh you mean 'overrun' And 'seem'

Note the use of the ' '

Meaning.

Not my opinion ;)

Frank has claimed this repeatedly throughout the thread.

A BBC article from earlier today stated the woman was being held pending psychiatric reports. Not quite the same thing.

The article currently states; "The 34-year-old was remanded in custody while reports are prepared."

Our friendly neighbourhood far-right apologist, doing what he enjoys best. :D

[/b]

Yes she should use that as a defence...I have a feeling it won't be accepted though..

It's not a defence or an excuse... but it's where to start to stop it from escalating or happening again.