'Racist' on the London tram

I'm not arguing, that's what you want to do, I'm discussing what I've watched. I am presenting a reasonable case for what I believe: that by "You guys", the woman meant "people like you" which is open to interpretation. You say it means *all white people*, I say it refers to people of the arrested woman's mindset: people who are abusive and confrontational, who won't back down, who don't care for the rights of others, who 'f' and blind in front of their own and other people's small children, who make threats and who want to whinge about the state of 'their' (:rolleyes::rolleyes:) country and blame anyone with a bit of skin pigment for their own shortcomings.

You show little interest in all of this, you're more concerned about labelling a woman who is asking a moron to have respect and watch her language, as a racist, for having the audacity to speak back against a tirade of abuse aimed at nearly everyone in the carriage. She didn't mention race, as I wrote earlier it would be absurd to accuse white people in general, of not working but many of these ones who complain about "the state the country's in" are contributing to what them see as the problem, via their dysfunctional behaviour, criminality and resistance to employment.

The only person who swore at this woman was white. The only person lifted by authorities was herself because there is no evidence whatsoever of anyone else breaking the law.

I beg to differ. When you make an assumption, you are totally convinced that you are correct and everyone else's opinion is wrong. Yet you have nothing to back up your assumptions with anymore than I do.

If you'd bother to read what I've posted (not once but twice) earlier, you would have seen that I was applying the same criteria to the black lady as has been applied to the white woman. She responded to a verbal tirade (based on race) with an equally racist comment (in my opinion). And as I've said, the comment was racist in content, not in intent. However according to most on 'ere, there is no justification for making racist insults.

And to take the discussion back full circle (again) we still don't know what prompted the outburst.

Yeah, i've only just seen it, she's an irrational and out of order nutter, but what has led her to blow like this?

Perhaps being an (quote) irrational and out of order nutter. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: No! it was them black people innit! :huh: :huh: As usual a discussion on SF runs to dozens of pages when it merits about two!

I am still amazed by the morons on here trying to justify the actions of that woman. She might have had a bad day, we don't know what happened before, that black woman was racist, she might have had a drink, she is not being racist, she was just speaking her mind etc etc. What a load of rubbish, the woman is a bloody disgrace and looking at the state she appeared to be in, she is not fit to look after that child.

Liberals, disgust me. You have no idea what happened and they have already punished her. Disgusting.

Perhaps being an (quote) irrational and out of order nutter. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: No! it was them black people innit! :huh: :huh: As usual a discussion on SF runs to dozens of pages when it merits about two!

But the video is out of context, true?

And this is a forum, why you come here so regularly!

*eats a bogie*

Grammar wars. :D

My Grammar would kick your grammar's ass! At least she would if she was still alive :(

Yeah, i've only just seen it, she's an irrational and out of order nutter, but what has led her to blow like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEo84lONpi0

Yes indeedy it's that homebrewed cocktail of diazepam, amyl nitrate, Lynx bodyspray oh and a rogue sperm of unknown origin.

Yes indeedy it's that homebrewed cocktail of diazepam, amyl nitrate, Lynx bodyspray oh and a rogue sperm of unknown origin.

Simple as that eh!

I beg to differ.

Yes, i'd expect that. :hihi:

When you make an assumption, you are totally convinced that you are correct and everyone else's opinion is wrong. Yet you have nothing to back up your assumptions with anymore than I do.
I do, yes, and I've explained them. More than once.

She responded to a verbal tirade (based on race) with an equally racist comment (in my opinion).

That's because you've decided it was directed at white people. I believe it was directed at this woman and people who think and act like her. The black woman spoke sense: asked for respect and a cease to the language, she's smart enough to know that most regular white people go about their work like anyone else.

If anyone behaved in any way provocatively towards this racist woman and I'd doubt it, they mysteriously ceased before a button on a phone was quietly pressed to record the event.

On the video evidence only one person was arrested.

Edited by shims

Yes, i'd expect that. :hihi:

I do, yes, and I've explained them. More than once.

Ok last post on this thread (promise:hihi:)

But you havent, im sorry all you've offered is your assumptions and belief of what the woman meant. You, I or Uncle Tom cobley cannot know for certain what she meant, so your assumption of what she meant is no more valid than mine.