Status dogs & neutering

I know that there are more but the list includes, Staffy and their crosses, GSD, Akita, there are more but can't think of them now.

why are some people allowed to have neutering done for free just because of their postcode seems unfair to other dog owners?

what breeds comes under the term "status dogs"

Thanks

staffies, pits, rotty's, GSD, akita, american bull dog, just a few for now, :huh:

why are some people allowed to have neutering done for free just because of their postcode seems unfair to other dog owners?

What do you mean because of their post codes?

Appartley free neutering is only available in certain postcodes. I worked hard to pay for my own dogs neutering so it doesn't affect me really just think its crazy how it works.

Appartley free neutering is only available in certain postcodes. I worked hard to pay for my own dogs neutering so it doesn't affect me really just think its crazy how it works.

I think that perhaps its for the areas where the problems with this type of dogs is worse, basically most of the north of England.

The volume of certain breeds being killed due to over population is higher in certain areas of the country.

Everyone should get their pets neutered in my opinion - unless they are a fantastically healthy, brilliant natured mongrel or pedigree that people really want, and that is a great dog in the community - but thats my own personal opinion.

The free neutering is something that one specific charity has identified and decided thats what they feel they can help with - so its their choice really.

They know (due to being in the pounds and the publicised statistics), that 'status dogs' are being put down more in certain post codes than others and they have taken the decision to do their best to stop this needless destruction.

Until the Govt. comes up with a better solution to the problem - this is their offering and believe me - the north is bad.

Having done an internet search, status dogs are Pit Bulls and any related, Pit Bull X breeds, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro and Japanese Tosa. All these dogs are banned breeds in the UK. There are no GSD's, Akitas or Staffies on the list

Having done an internet search, status dogs are Pit Bulls and any related, Pit Bull X breeds, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro and Japanese Tosa. All these dogs are banned breeds in the UK. There are no GSD's, Akitas or Staffies on the list

Think you've got your wires crossed there. The 4 you mentioned are the 4 banned breeds in the UK. Satus dogs are GSDs, Akitas, EBT, SBT, Rottie, mastiff (I think)... possibly shar pei (I hope!!!!)

When I got a voucher for Archie to be done, I was told it was mostly Bull breeds and crosses and a few more breeds too.

It's not completely free via the dogs trust depending on which vet you go to.