Catching pigeons in town

Originally posted by andream

if you don't stop, how do you know if they need taking to the vets. I think you should stop for all animals.

Trust me - I retarded the details of my post for those who were of a queasy nature - do you want me to continue and expand? Trust me on that occasion a vet was NOT needed.

Originally posted by Classic Rock

Don't Volvo drivers have a reputation for thumping into things regularly anyway? :wink:

Nope - the term is through as demonstrated on Top Gear (and for those who missed it they drove a Volvo through a brick wall and the car/tank survived) :)

And I'm quite a safe driver till you cut me up or such like...

Anyways let's not venture off toppic shall we? :)

Originally posted by StarSparkle

That Tom Lehrer song is one of the most horriblest ever! :gag: :gag:

Kindly don't mention it again! :suspect::P

StarSparkle :)

I have to say it still makes me laugh every time and I've been listening to it for 30 years!

Don't feed the pigeons eh? When I come in to work each morning, the pavements are covered in the litter of the previous night's takeaways, so perhaps we are all at fault here (or at least that element of the population that don't recognise rubbish bins when they see them). I suppose at least the pigeons are helping to clear the streets of rubbish and their waste products get washed away in the rain, which is more than you can say for chicken bones and chewing gum! Don't get me wrong, there is nothing more annoying than steaming up the moor, weaving amongst old ladies with shopping trolleys and dodging the monks, only to be brought to a halt by a couple of pigeons slowly strolling in front of you and refusing to get out of the way; and I know they have some pretty unhealthy habits but so do the tramps that use our back alley as a toilet and nobody is out to cull them.

On a slightly more humerous note, also coming in to work in the morning, there is usually a pigeon by the back steps to Marks and Sparks. I know it is the same one each day, because he has this tuft of white down sticking up on his head - it makes him look a bit like a feathered gremlin!

you do realise that the way some of you were talking about pigeons (vermin, kill them etc) is the same way people used to talk about black people and asian people. think about it. pigeons have just the same rights to live as us.

Is it true that you get so much money (presumably only a few pence) for every dead pigeon you take to the Town Hall? I remember hearing that a while ago, and admittedly it sounds pretty spurious!

Originally posted by irenewilde

I have to say it still makes me laugh every time and I've been listening to it for 30 years!

You're a sick woman, IreneWilde! :D;)

Tom Lehrer songs were inflicted on me as a child as my Dad loved them - I hated them, and thought Lehrer was a wicked man for 'singing' them! ('wicked' in the old-fashioned meaning of the term....:suspect: )

StarSparkle

you do realise that the way some of you were talking about pigeons (vermin, kill them etc) is the same way people used to talk about black people and asian people. think about it. pigeons have just the same rights to live as us.

People of other races dont crap on your coat though do they?

Pigeons are beautiful amazing birds. They're the underclass of nature. Surviving in tough cities, persecuted and crippled and dirty, and all the time just plodding along. Cats and dogs are the reverred human companions, while pigeons are rejected as an unacceptable part of urban dwelling. But I think they're the mascots of the city. I feed them and free their feet from wire whenever i see them hurt because of our rubbish.

i've started putting food out for the rats

We need as many pigeons and rats as possible to clear up the pizzas, burgers, KFC and lakes of spew that the human scum seem fit to deposit throughout the city.

Originally posted by BEX_DEVJAM

I think all pigeons should be caught. They are the most disgusting creatures in the world, and it really annoys me when people feed them. I have an extremly bad phobia of birds and can often be seen screaming whilst running down the moor. It really annoys me when people dont understand how scared of them I am. Does anybody share my fear and ditest for the vermin?

I share it! I'm sure they dive bomb me on purpose...