Looking for a decent pub for NYE

Hi all.

A small group of us are looking for a decent pub to see out the new year, however we are struggling to find a decent place.

We don't want crookes, and I feel that hillsborough will be a fight club waiting to happen?

Any recommendations?

Which pubs would you normally go in? Personally I might be looking to pubs local to me which I frequent the rest of the year.

If I was going out that night I'd go The Blake.

although you say you don't fancy crookes, i went into the hallamshire house for the first time on friday and liked it - good looking pub and nice beer

i've not been to the blake yet but if it's anything like its sister pub the sheaf view then it's probably pretty good too

as said before, depends on what you want out of the pub though

I'd say support your local pub, at least while you still have one.

The Union in Netheredge is good. Traditional pub, has a dog and a roaring fire. Busy without been rammed both new years I have been there. Good atmosphere.

I live in Hillsborough nowadays though so shall be supping in the safety of my living room!

My choices would be:

The Blake - Upperthorpe

Hallamshire House - Crookesmoor (I think)

The Greystones - Greystones Road

Rising Sun - Nethergreen

Does it depend where you live? You mentioned Crookes and Hillsborough, so I assume you are looking for somewhere in that area. In which case, greengeek's last 2 suggestions on the other side of town, though good ones, might not suit?

If I was in that area I'd definitely head for the Blake as well. But that's because I like good beer on handpump and it's a nice pub, very traditional, with quite a bit of room and some outdoor space as well.

Hi,

It might be a bit far for you to travel but my family run a small local called the Golden Lion just off Bramhall lane in Sheffield, we always have an amazing night on NYE with karaoke and lots of drinks and the celebration usually continues until atleast 3am.

Check us out on facebook or pop in for a drink before NYE to see what you think.

Hope you have a good night anyway.

Venue now fully booked,,

Edited by Annaleigh

Hi,

karaoke

One to cross off my list I'm afraid.

I hate Karaoke.

The lord nelson in the city centre for £35 Unlimited bar, Disco/Karaoke & Food - Trust me its an amazing little pub - NEVER any fightin - and iv been going in for 17 years, Tickets are limited so you may want to book

£35 ?

You have got to be joking.

It should be against the law to charge entry in a public house. This never happened before the year 2000 and it is about time the clamped down on it. I would never pay to go in a pub on new years eve that really stinks.