Gary Speed R.I.P.

I feel sad someone of that age picks to do himself in,he had a good future and had started to turn the Wales team around.

Good player in his day but wouldn't call him a legend down at Lane,wasn't there long enough.

RIP GS

Whatever deep depressed point he was in his life it must have been VERY deep and VERY bad for him to take his life leaving 2 young children especially so close to christmas! Them poor poor kids, and wife. I feel sorry for anyone who feels that low that at that moment in time they feel like death is the only answer, its a horrible place to be. I hope im never emotionally low enough to feel my kids would be better off without me! My love to his family at this time x

i have had depression for over a decade now and god only knows how i get through it and every day really is a struggle, especially when you see other people being so happy and having everything in life and me having very little, i often wonder why i even carry on and have often thought of ways to end things it just builds up, i think people look on mental illness as some maniac with a knife ready to attack people or someone not to be trusted, it is exactly the total opposite, and if people would just leave their preconceptions at the door and actually get to the nuts and bolts of people's problems then there will always be those stereotyped views

I think its best not to speculate what Gary had/didnt have. Obviously something wasnt right and I am sure it will come out but lets just remember him for they guy he was :)

I think its best not to speculate what Gary had/didnt have. Obviously something wasnt right and I am sure it will come out but lets just remember him for they guy he was :)

Well said missy:nod::nod:

very tragic.he really must have reached the depths of despair.

there must have been circumstances in his life that he was unable to cope with.

friends and collegues have spoke so highly of him.there were people who had been in contact with him days before and said he seemed so happy.

it just goes to show we can never really know what some people are really feeling inside.my heart goes out to his family.

RIP GARRY

does this matter were this posting is it is as long as its on the forum as a wednesday fan just a pity he didnt play for us he will be greatly missed from all as he was a gent and a good player so please stop bitching and have a bit a respect the guy is dead

Guest sibon

Back on topic please.

I'm stunned. Speed was a superb player and an eloquent, seemingly pleasant bloke off the pitch.

Back on topic please.

I'm stunned. Speed was a superb player and an eloquent, seemingly pleasant bloke off the pitch.

Thank you so much Sibon - means alot to alot of people on here to have him back where he belongs.

I am still in shock. If we feel like this you can only begin to image how his family and friends feel.

Edited by missymoo73

Thanks a lot whoever moved it back as missy said means a lot