150,000 in fines on Halifax road by speed camera

Police know that a driver who is fully taxed , tested and insured is a law abiding citizen who will pay fines, hence the extortion continues.

Well, I'm not arguing with your points on speeding cameras, but by definition you are not a 'law abiding citizen' if you are speeding

Well, I'm not arguing with your points on speeding cameras, but by definition you are not a 'law abiding citizen' if you are speeding

You are not a criminal. Anyone who is not a criminal is in my book a law abiding citizen.

You are not a criminal. Anyone who is not a criminal is in my book a law abiding citizen.

But if you are caught speeding you are not abiding by road traffic laws

Why don't the police come down so heavily on other problem areas such as anti-social behavior?

They do, with cameras. Offenders are identified on camera, arrested and charged. :)

Surely people can be fined for anti-social behaviour. It sounds like a real potential money spinner, if that's the purpose of the police.

But that involves actual police work , police officers getting their hands dirty ,where as speed scameras involve no work what so ever ,and just sit there racking up the cash.

But if you are caught speeding you are not abiding by road traffic laws

Which does not, of course, make you a criminal.

Which does not, of course, make you a criminal.

Nor does it make you a 'law abiding citizen'

Speeding cameras make people break the law. They are responsible for inciting lawbreaking.:)

Speeding cameras make people break the law.

Now we're really taking a turn to the absurd.

Speed cameras catch people breaking the law. They don't cause them to do it.

in all fairness, the speed awareness courses are pretty good for us law abiding drivers who stray over the limit and get caught. I learned a lot from it, and ive been driving 44 ton trucks for years. I should know better than to speed, but we can all make mistakes. no one is a perfect driver, but neither are we criminals. In short, education is more productive than fines and points. If I get zapped again, then its my own stupid fault. Yes, some cameras are money makers but its our foot on the throttle.

Speeding cameras make people break the law.

One of them stole my dog, ate my swans and took my job! Won't someone think of the children

One of them stole my dog, ate my swans and took my job! Won't someone think of the children

Nobody will eat or take them!:gag: