2 Beautiful stray cats *now rehomed*

I am totally confused.

I thought CP were taking them. Why is RSPCA being asked to take them?

Why isn't the female cat being spayed? When she could become pregnant at any time. Haven't you contacted CP for a voucher?

It would be easier for mum to be fostered/rehomed if she is spayed first.

Am I missing something?

They are on the waiting list for CP.

I rang the RSPCA shelter after I rang CP to ask if they had any space to take them in.

If I get the cat spayed where am I to put her while she recovers? Back outside? If that is advised then I will do so. I will call CP back tomorrow and ask what the situation is regarding the waiting list and ask for a voucher to get them done.

:D thank you RSPCA Sheffield :D

2 neutering vouchers provided so should get them very soon.

MaggieMo, what are you tempted by? Mum or kit, or both? Would be good to get them rehomed before they have to go into rescue, it would do the cats a great favour and would cost very little to adopt. And they would be spayed, wormed and flead. Ready to go!

Well done Fazz you're doing a great job helping these little mites. And well done RSPCA for helping them too.

Edited by magsie

I am totally confused.

I thought CP were taking them. Why is RSPCA being asked to take them?

Two unspayed cats are outside, why aren't they being neutered? Haven't you contacted CP for vouchers?

They could become pregnant at any time.

Am I missing something?

Both of the local branches of CP are entirely run by volunteers who foster cats in their own homes or in catpens in their gardens - they dont have kennels or spillover spaces and can only take in a finite number of cats on a first come, first served basis. They also only receive a limitef number of vouchers for neutering and once theyve been allocated, all other neutering costs must come out of their dwindling coffers. It is heartbreaking to hear that there are still so many cats needing help but unless more volunteers come forward to foster; and more homes are offered for cats that have been sitting in foster care for months on end; and more donations come through to help to fund the care; medical bills and neutering expenses, what can you do?

Great news that the RSPCA is able to fund the spaying costs for these two, hope loving homes come though soon

It is indeed difficult for the local CP branches who do a great job while head office sits on millions of pounds in investment accounts. Having cats in their own homes and in sheds must be very sad and frustrating for them. Getting vouchers from head office for strays and ferals is like pulling teeth, made worse by the fact that they always refer requests to their two local branches which as you point out are struggling with inadequate facilities for a region as big as South Yorkshire. Why head office don't flood South Yorkshire, one of the cruelty hotspots of the UK, with vouchers beats me. Meanwhile, small rescues are left picking up the pieces. Another four feral kits caught at Darnall yesterday. Four 3 week old kits caught at the side of Sheffield canal day before. All day, every day. Breeding colonies all over the city, Coles Bros, West Bar, Attercliffe, Darnall, steel works, the list is endless. To see feral mother cats sitting at the side of dead kittens is heartbreaking.

There is no shortage of foster mums, provided they receive back up from rescue, but if local CP branches are struggling for funds, it's a Catch 22 situation.

All comes back to how much assistance Head Office is willing to give, and it appears to be very little.

The lady from cats protection called me back yesterday to offer vouchers for both girls. So there are still some available at the moment :D

Both cats were waiting for me to come home from work today. Isabella was sat on the doorstep and Ruby (kitten) was snuggled in her box.

By the time I'd got in the house turned the alarm off and brought in a bag of shopping Isabella was in my kitchen eating 'Go-Cat' :hihi:

She's not backwards at coming forward :hihi:

I get begging letters/raffle tickets from CP throughout the year and get a Christmas brochure from which I have bought some cards this year. I have always assumed that the money made and donations given would be spread throughout the various branches in the country. I'm now thinking that it would be better to just donate to our local branches.

People wanting to donate to help pet rescue organisations should always donate to local branches. This goes for the Cat Protection League and the RSPCA - both of which your local branches have to fundraise for most of the money they get in - in whatever form.

The cost of vet fees, and in particular neutering is high on all our budgets - then when the majority of cats that come are older ones - probably 75% of them have some form of damage to their mouths and teeth - which are very expensive.

Costs of good food (pouches and biscuits) take another chunk out of running costs.

To reduce the ridiculous and horrendously high volume of cats and kittens cruelly dumped on the streets in weathers and road conditions as we have today - their needs to be a huge neutering program - funded by any animal welfare charity that has the money to help.

May I just add that people who can't spend the time actually helping cats and kittens - if they care - can donate to local rescues - so that these welfare organisations can continue to help in the future. Soon - we may not be able to without that money - and where will they be then?

What happened to these two? did they find new homes??

What happened to these two? did they find new homes??

I had a lot of help from people on here and between us we managed to get them two lovely new homes.

They were both snuggled up warm for Christmas :D:love: