NCP Arundel Gate Car Park - Odeon Customers

Hi all,

Looked on here and the net but can't seem to find anything. Im wanting to know how much discount is applied to the NCP Arundel Gate parking ticket when using the Odeon next door?

I've read on the Odeon website they give discounted prices for cinema ticket purchases? Wondering if it is worth it as they will charge me £9.90 for three hours normally.

Would rather find somewhere else to park for that money!

Any info appreciated. Or does anyone know a carpark or even Sheffield city council road side parking metres where you can park for three hours

Most street parking in the city centre is free after 630pm. :)

its tomorrow morning the showing x

If you can get in, the carpark at John Lewis is probably the most reasonable then walk down. The NCP charge is ridiculous, I'll have the same problem tomorrow night when we go to the Lyceum.

Hi, according to parkopedia website, charges are as follows for the Arundel Gate car park:

Mon-Sun 24 hours

£1.00 / 30 mins

£5.30 / 2 hours

£9.90 / 4 hours

£13.50 / 6 hours

£14.50 / 8 hours

£15.50 / 24 hours

Last updated: Jun 2011

It's always been a pricey car park because of the theatres etc, but you also get a discount if you pay upfront. Have a look at parkopedia website it shows all the car parks round there and the prices...

We it caught out with this car park so tend to stay away. The one just down the road near the old Gatecrasher is cheaper.

Not heard of the discount. I parked here once, went 5 minutes over two hours and paid more for parking than I did the cinema.

I made a pact with myself never to park here some years ago due to the extortionate charges, but due to today's public-sector holiday ended up here because my usual places were full.

I decided to take an impromptu afternoon off to watch a movie, any movie, and got quite a shock when I saw the charges (set out by cazowl above) hardly displayed. Quite unreasonable imho.

Never-mind I thought, I'm sure The Odeon does some sort of offer, but if not I'll just come back and pay the quid and move it elsewhere. (How many people pay the quid just to get out once/if they see the charges I wonder?)

The Odeon does indeed do a parking offer, they will validate your disk for £3.80. You'll still need to put it in the pay meter, but it will recognise it as paid. That was the theory.

After watching the film I took the disk to the pay meter which then displayed 4hrs 5mins and demanded £11.60! Whaaaat!

After a brief conversation with a very arrogant assistant (through a small speaker, from an office many miles, well experienced in customer services telling suckers to pay more money and go away), I was told the Odeon validation is only for 4 hours.

So my Brad Pitt experience cost me £5.80 for a cinema ticket, and £13.50 for parking. Be warned.

I invite you all to joining me in boycotting this place.

:rant:

Well, from a brief survey of people I know it seems that most Sheffield folk are already boycotting the place.

Yep, I have been caught out here too, got free cinema tickets for a preview of a kids film, took my daughter for a treat, and ended up paying a fortune to park :(.

I agree completely - everyone should boycott the place! Compared with car parking charges when visiting other cities/areas it's beggars belief. I myself would never park there, it's cheaper to use public transport or park elsewhere.

I also now take back my previous comment about the discount for paying up front, as apparently I just found out in December that they no longer do this and there is a notice inside informing people of this.

Unfortunately it's the most convenient car park closest to the Crucible/Lyceum/Cinema so they know they have you over a barrel if you're running late and don't know the area that well.

I also agree with quisquose, the prices should definitely be displayed clearly prior to entering and NOT when you get in there and cannot turn around!