Unemployment decreases - by one!

After enduring nearly three months of unemployment, I'm very happy to say I've just been offered and accepted a new job. Those of you who know me well will know the kind of work I do - for those who don't, it's public sector and educationally based.

I was very fortunate in that money hasn't really been an issue, but nevertheless it was becoming an increasing strain emotionally. To those still looking for work, my sincere wish is that you'll find something soon. Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to offer me kind words - and to those that want to offer me anything else, boil your hideous heads for soup.

I may have a glass of beer or three now to celebrate.

Well done, have a couple for me while thar'at it

Congrats, would you be so kind as to post some tips and advice for others, a sort of do's and don'ts. Thanks.

Congratulations.

I particularly like the bit about emotional strain more then financial strain, although I won't go off on one like I had thoughts of doing when I first started typing this response!

After enduring nearly three months of unemployment, I'm very happy to say I've just been offered and accepted a new job. Those of you who know me well will know the kind of work I do - for those who don't, it's public sector and educationally based.

I was very fortunate in that money hasn't really been an issue, but nevertheless it was becoming an increasing strain emotionally. To those still looking for work, my sincere wish is that you'll find something soon. Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to offer me kind words - and to those that want to offer me anything else, boil your hideous heads for soup.

Nice one................hope you have a better attitude at work, than you do on here.

Congratulations Halibut! :thumbsup:

Well done mate, its demoralising being out of work when you want to work. Good luck and I hope the job gives you all you need. :thumbsup:

Congrats, would you be so kind as to post some tips and advice for others, a sort of do's and don'ts. Thanks.

Thankyou. I'm not sure I'm up for that right now - the one major tip I would offer is not to give up!

Nice one Halibut! :)

Cheers andygardener - very much appreciated!