Cineworld and IMAX megathread

I noticed the crackling in the right speaker too last night too while watching the Avengers on Imax

It was definitely at when the sounds peaked that you could hear it, hope they get it fixed soon as it was very noticeable.

I noticed that too actually, thought it was just me. When did you watch it?

Saturday 11am showing.

When I went to watch the Avengers in Imax one of the right hand side rear speakers was unable to deal with some of the sound that was being put through it and would crackle when the volume of the SFX was very loud. The management need to sort this out sharpish for it leaves you with the impression that these speakers may have been used before, maybe in the Bournemouth IMAX which closed down!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...mous-view.html

They are not second hand speakers. The IMAX units and speakers were all installed new by the IMAX corporation. The speaker in question has a spare part delivered, and is in the process of being fixed. A workaround was made in the meantime to stop the pops and crackles.

I noticed the crackling in the right speaker too last night too while watching the Avengers on Imax

It was definitely at when the sounds peaked that you could hear it, hope they get it fixed soon as it was very noticeable.

We adjusted the levels between shows to remove the noises, but the unit reset itself each day, which meant that we had to keep adjusting it.

Apologies for any annoyance it caused.

Just wish Cineworld would let us use imax with orange weds :(

We do :) Orange code can be used, with you just required to pay the £4.50 uplift on the second ticket (Orange will only reimburse for a standard priced ticket)

Saturday 11am showing.

Same showing as me and yes, i noticed the right hand speaker issue too. It was quite annoying too as towards the end of the film when the action was at it's peak, it was once or twice per min.

They are not second hand speakers. The IMAX units and speakers were all installed new by the IMAX corporation. The speaker in question has a spare part delivered, and is in the process of being fixed. A workaround was made in the meantime to stop the pops and crackles.

That's promising. Can you give a timescale on the repairs as I aim to watch the Avengers again on the Imax as it was that good (I never go to the cinema more than once to see a film but it was so good I'm prepared to make an exception)?

That's promising. Can you give a timescale on the repairs as I aim to watch the Avengers again on the Imax as it was that good (I never go to the cinema more than once to see a film but it was so good I'm prepared to make an exception)?

The part is awaiting an engineer. We have been told that they will fit it first thing tomorrow morning.

As mentioned, we have been advised on a workaround for the time-being, which stops the pops and hisses problem (although the system recalibrating itself each morning means we need to remember to re-adjust again).

I know what you mean about watching again - I've seen it twice already, and will be watching it again tomorrow. :)

The part is awaiting an engineer. We have been told that they will fit it first thing tomorrow morning.

As mentioned, we have been advised on a workaround for the time-being, which stops the pops and hisses problem (although the system recalibrating itself each morning means we need to remember to re-adjust again).

I know what you mean about watching again - I've seen it twice already, and will be watching it again tomorrow. :)

Any temporary evening jobs in the Imax theatre just until the Avengers finishes? And you won't even have to pay me!:D:cool:

Oh, and can you please let us know via this thread when the speaker is fixed and working properly? Thanks.:)

Beakerzoid,

Is there any news on Unlimited cardholders being given the opportunity to book tickets online?

I went to see Avengers over the weekend with four friends who arent Unlimited card holders and had no choice but to make a journey down to Cineworld on Saturday to purchase tickets for Sunday night as the evening showings have been selling out and the website does not yet allow Unlimited members to book tickets online.

I've done this several times when going to see major new releases with groups of friends and its so inconvenient and costly having to make an additional journey to the cinema to ensure we get seats sat together, not to mention my friends lose out on the 10% discount of booking online.

Cineworld need to sort this out fast!!

Edited by skyfitsboy

Beakerzoid,

Is there any news on Unlimited cardholders being given the opportunity to book tickets online?

I went to see Avengers over the weekend with four friends who arent Unlimited card holders and had no choice but to make a journey down to Cineworld on Saturday to purchase tickets for Sunday night as the evening showings have been selling out and the website does not yet allow Unlimited members to book tickets online.

I've done this several times when going to see major new releases with groups of friends and its so inconvenient and costly having to make an additional journey to the cinema to ensure we get seats sat together, not to mention my friends lose out on the 10% discount of booking online.

Cineworld need to sort this out fast!!

The booking process for Unlimiteds requires all the sites to have converted over to a new in-house computer system (so that usuage, redemption, etc can be tracked and processed correctly). The process is ongoing at present, and requires teams all trained up on it first, and then a week or two of dedicated tech support for that site once it goes live (to iron out any issues). The process is expected to be completed by the end of summer (a lot of sites, so takes a fair bit of time), at which point the online pre-booking will go live. As soon as we know a confirmed date, I will alert folk via our Twitter and Facebook feeds (see sig below)

At site level, we do allow Unlimited card holders to get tickets for IMAX, and 'Alternate Content' (Opera, Theatre, live broadcasts) in advance via the box office (as these are all premium priced events, so we felt it only fair that we allow you guys to nab tickets early)

In the meantime, in the coming weeks there are other nice bonuses coming for Unlimited card holders....and for those who stay as members for over 12 months the bonuses will get better. Sorry to be a bit cryptic on this, but whilst we have been told what they are planned to be, the final details are still being ironed out (so I don't want to mislead anyone by giving unconfirmed info out at this time). Suffice to say, the various things are very good :)