Does anyone remember Margarets Sandwich Shop on Staniforth Road

Does anyone remember my mums sandwich shop on Staniforth Road just below Cliffes Shop. When my dad retired from the Steelworks he used to help her, he would cook the Bests {bacon egg sausage and tomato} his name was Paddy Hagan and I would to love to hear from anyone who remembers them.

We used to live next doot to them on Staniforth Road No 490. My mum's name is Queenie

I remember your mum, a lovley lady was your dad called Mac, I may be wrong. I used to to bring my to boys over from Ireland to visit, they loved Sheffied. Simon, my brother still lives there, in Woodseats. Sadly Mum and Dad are both gone. I remember Queenie had two children John, I think and a daughter. Thank you for replying to my thread, as I am new to Sheffield Forum.

I remember your mum, a lovley lady was your dad called Mac, I may be wrong. I used to to bring my to boys over from Ireland to visit, they loved Sheffied. Simon, my brother still lives there, in Woodseats. Sadly Mum and Dad are both gone. I remember Queenie had two children John, I think and a daughter. Thank you for replying to my thread, as I am new to Sheffield Forum.

Yes, my dad was called Mac. Sadly he's also gone but my mum is still with us, she's 91 and still living in Darnall. I remember Simon and did you also have a sister who lived abroard. I have two brothers, both older and I am the daughter Ann

I remember you and John. wonderful that that you still have your mum, what a great age.Susan is now living in Bulgaria and loves it, very rural. Spent two weeks with her a couple of years ago and hope to go again next year. Simon lives in Woodseats with his partner, he is 43 now. Janet my other sister lives at Broomhill. I am still in Ireland, get back to Sheffield a couple of times a year, and one of my sons lived there for a few years. Simon was telling me that I would not recognise Staniforth Road now, but I have happy memories of it.

i remeber seargents sandwich shop at darnall. not far from the lyric cinema

Yes I can remember Margaret my dad had a junk shop on the same block and would regularly go for his sandwiches there very nice as well she used to make massive sandwitches,he also used to go to Lambs for fish and chips as well,if I remember she was a pretty dark haired lady,

yes that was mum, I had forgotten about Lambs fish and chip shop, my sons used to love their fish cakes. I will ask my brother if he remembers your dads shop.

yes that was mum, I had forgotten about Lambs fish and chip shop, my sons used to love their fish cakes. I will ask my brother if he remembers your dads shop.

Dads shop was called Mary's Spot cash

I remember Marys, Lambs chippy,Storys loved their fruit pies & burnt loaves.Eric Pratts sausage and his pork dripping.Cutts sweet shop.Those were the days.

my brother remembers Marys spot cash, Eric Pratts pork shop I remember well, as he and his wife Brenda used to come into Mums shop.

My Dad was as you say in the right place at the right time there, all the English people were moving out and into new houses on the outskirts of town and all the Pakistanis were moving in, he would buy the old furniture up any antiques in the houses would go off to the antiques dealers on Abbeydale road, and the furniture would be sold to the Pakistani's who were moving in to the vacated house, he made an absolute killing at the time,how times have changed there now, last time I went past the old shop it was a barbers shop,I can remember it like it was yesterday,can you remember the ironmongers shop a few shops down I think they called the guy who ran it Leo then next was Seniors electric shop selling telly's and washing machines.