BIG Steak Anywhere?

Just go to Wetherspoons steak night on a tuesday and order 4 8oz steaks for £5.99 each (includes a free drink). It'll only set you back £24 and you can just leave all the chips and peas!

Amazing idea!!

if u want quality the best steak is tji fridays, its like 15pounds but its massive and defo has the wow factor, but other wise on a budget id go to wetherspoons on a tuesday for steak club, with a free drink, i recomend the benjaman huntsman near devision street, jade

if u want quality the best steak is tji fridays, its like 15pounds but its massive and defo has the wow factor, but other wise on a budget id go to wetherspoons on a tuesday for steak club, with a free drink, i recomend the benjaman huntsman near devision street, jade

TGI = small.....

Last month I had a steak, Went int a restaurant and really fancied the goat. Any how he talked me into the bullchop that was on the menu claiming it had just come in.

I could see it in the fridge, I say in the fridge it was bursting out the sides. It was huge I've never seen such a piece of meat. Except for a different kind and in a completely different context ;)

When it finely arrived it filled the entire plate, The 1st bite was amazing, really juicy and very soft!

Anyhow as i gather your mouth is possibly watering by now I should inform you that it was in Lanzarote and writing this has made me very hungry, In fact im off to book another trip there! Damn it :hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::help:

Seriously. Its frozen and then cooked to med well.

I like Fridays, but I would never recommend someone to go there for a decent meal

I'm sort of coming to the conclusion there isn't ANYWHERE in Sheffield where you can get a big steak.

So please excuse me for suggesting somewhere outside of our wonderful village city where you can.

Here - it's 40 mins from Sheff...

http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/restaurants/restaurant.php?id=leeds

they've got one in Manchester too.

Last month I had a steak, Went int a restaurant and really fancied the goat. Any how he talked me into the bullchop that was on the menu claiming it had just come in.

I could see it in the fridge, I say in the fridge it was bursting out the sides. It was huge I've never seen such a piece of meat. Except for a different kind and in a completely different context ;)

When it finely arrived it filled the entire plate, The 1st bite was amazing, really juicy and very soft!

Anyhow as i gather your mouth is possibly watering by now I should inform you that it was in Lanzarote and writing this has made me very hungry, In fact im off to book another trip there! Damn it :hihi:

there was a place in del carmen like that,i went 4 times the week we were there:hihi:i love my dead cow and there onion rings were the best !!

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::help:

Seriously. Its frozen and then cooked to med well.

I like Fridays, but I would never recommend someone to go there for a decent meal

i like the rib eye from tgi,but it just aint big enough,polished off the 12oz and a rack of ribs last week,young lass neally fell over when i said chuck em one plate :hihi:

You all could just go to a decent butcher and get a prime rib cut to order for you....

A good cast iron skillet does the rest of the work.

This place is really good for steak. It's a pub in a little village not far from the M1 J14. They have a butcher's counter inside the pub and you can choose any cut and any size of steak you fancy. They have these charcoal grills inside the pub and you can watch them cook what you've ordered right before your eyes. If you want a 32 oz steak - no problem - just tell them where to put the knife and it's yours.

The quality is excellent too - and yes - it's expensive. Wouldn't you expect it to be?

http://www.thecarringtonarms.co.uk/

He says £40 is expensive and you want to send him to Newport Pagnall for an even more expensive one plus about £40 in fuel there and back, not to mention hotel if he wants a drink:huh::huh:

He says £40 is expensive and you want to send him to Newport Pagnall for an even more expensive one plus about £40 in fuel there and back, not to mention hotel if he wants a drink:huh::huh:

I know, but don't tell him, let him work it out for himself! :hihi:

In fact, I did suggest 2 or 3 places in Sheffield as he asked. But then, in a seperate post, I was making the assumption that more than just the OP would be interested in where to get a good steak, and I was also making the assumption that not everybody who reads this forum is a Sheffield village bumpkin - and that some people do actually get in their cars and travel around the country.

It was foolish of me I admit! :(

On the suggestion of another poster on here, I recently tried the Old Post Office at J38 of the M1. It is the junction after the main Barnsley A61 turn off, going north. Takes about 20-25 mins from the city centre.

If that's not too far for you to go then you will find very good steaks in a fairly simple pub/diner type place, right next to the motorway. They present the meat, uncooked at the table and you tell them where to put the knife and you can have as big a steak as you want. It's mostly locally sourced meat and I have to say it is very good indeed.

Can't remember you mentioned this to me now and can't find it on this thread, but thanks anyway.