How many of you on here go to Scotts Salon on the Wicker?

I went about 5 years ago then one saturday i was turned away 30 mins before closing time, and made a promise to myself id never go again i now go to Volume on west st for the same price.

I used to go as I liked the way Bob did my hair but stopped as Bob never seems to be around any more and its now too expensive.

How much is a haircut at Scotts ?.

used to go for the American flat top in the 80s now i have the English bald top and cut it myself LOL

used to go for the American flat top in the 80s now i have the English bald top and cut it myself LOL

Sounds along the same lines as one of my mates / ex-work buddies. Used a spirit level... the works....so he used to tell me!!!

Another mate who does the bare clippers look now has two sets of clippers after being halfway through & his clippers went bang!!!! :hihi:

Been going to Scotts for years. Bob is a top fella, but if you want him to cut your hair you better ring before you go as he's always off out somewhere. £7.20 for a cut.

used to go there with my dad in the 50s and 60s when it was on nursury st

Yep - been going for years.

I think his prices are very reasonable actually to say how good the haircuts are and the how you are treated.

I got a free Wednesday program the other month :D

Bob and his staff do a sterling job.:thumbsup:

I'll be in early doors (as usual) on Sat 17th Dec. ;)

Ditto - a lot of "psychobillies" went to Scotts in the 80s and early 90s for their unfeasible anti-gravity flat tops!

Mick was the boss, always talking footy. Ray & Tony were always giggling about summat. People used to wait to go to Ray, even when the other chairs were free! He was an expert at the flat top - never saw him use a spirit level tho, but it was as good as!

Last I heard Ray was at Manor Park, Tony doesn't do hairdressing anymore (not that he did much back then!) and of course, Mick has sadly passed away.

My favourite recollection was about 20 years ago. I was the only customer in with Ray doing his usual masterpiece, shears in hand. When a young kid comes in "do you shave hair here?" Tony: "What's that mate?" Kid: "Do you do that thing, you know, where you shave yer hair up the back like?" Tony: "No, I'm sorry, we don't do that here!". Kid glumly leaves. Tony & Ray fall about in fits of laughter!

I work there just wondering if any of you have been!

not since i lost the tip of my ear

I have been going to scotts since i was 13 (am now in my 80,s) the prize was increased when the shop was renovated after the floods,like a lot of others who go there i wait for Bob even though there is an empty chair.iI used to go there with my Dad then we went to the Cosy Cafe for a cuppa

I have been going to scotts since i was 13 (am now in my 80,s) the price was increased when the shop was renovated after the floods,like a lot of others who go there i wait for Bob even though there is an empty chair.iI used to go there with my Dad then we went to the Cosy Cafe for a cuppa