Low Frequency Vibration/Humming in The House

yeah... I have heared "The Hum" before... like "The Voice"....

it's probably the machine which drives round at night which hoovers up all the drunk/drugged people who are asleep/passed out in the street and minces them up to form the filling for a famous sausage roll

I have just started hearing this and it is quite disconcerting.

When I lived in Deepcar we often got low level droning sounds at night - from the steelworks.

When I lived in Deepcar we often got low level droning sounds at night - from the steelworks.

Hadn't thought of that. You could be right.:)

We've been puzzled by a noise for the past week, definitely a vibration, but a bit more than a hum. I think I have tracked it down to the TV aerial vibrating against the chimney since last weeks gales. But it only seems to make a noise around midnight, and 5am. Like someone coming home, settling down and then going out again. Going to be annoying if I get a new aerial fitted and it still happens.

if you live any where around the steel works that is what you are hearing there is another thread on here some where about it.

Could it be your neighbours ...................... making the earth move! :hihi:

no, it might be my toy , i plug it into the electrics, sorry, i will use battery power from now on, :hihi:

It'll be 'the hum'. Radio waves I think

Don't worry , I've been told lol

I'm not joking either there's a few threads about it

Edited by mrs brady

i think it is the moles with there drills .........................or the humming birds on night shift,,,,,,,,

Talking of this, I live in a detached house and my washing machine is in the garage. I always put a load in just before I go to bed and unload in the morning. Our bedrooms are over the garage and it doesn't disturb us or the kiddies at all (maybe we are programmed to ignore it after so long). However I was thinking about my actions just the other week and I suddenly realised the garage door is unsealed and even though we are detached if our nearest neighbours had their windows open ajar, They may well hear it-(well the spin cycle anyway)

So I've tried recently putting the load on a little earlier if poss. I seriously hope we never have disturbed anyone but it could just be that you live on my road Lol.

I wouldn't be able to hear it over my tinnitus :wink:

Talking of this, I live in a detached house and my washing machine is in the garage. I always put a load in just before I go to bed and unload in the morning. Our bedrooms are over the garage and it doesn't disturb us or the kiddies at all (maybe we are programmed to ignore it after so long). However I was thinking about my actions just the other week and I suddenly realised the garage door is unsealed and even though we are detached if our nearest neighbours had their windows open ajar, They may well hear it-(well the spin cycle anyway)

So I've tried recently putting the load on a little earlier if poss. I seriously hope we never have disturbed anyone but it could just be that you live on my road Lol.

Don't you have time to do this during the day? I wouldn't appreciate a neighbour who puts the washing machine on in the evenings - especially at bedtime. Why would you want to do that?