Low Frequency Vibration/Humming in The House

Could it be from a fridge or freezer (next doors).

hello, whereabouts is it you live? My partner can hear a noise he has been describing like that for almost a year now and it drives him absolutely crazy!!!! We've also turned off electricals, asked people who come to ours if they can hear the noise too. We've been driving/walking round at midnight and 5 o'clock in the morning to try and find what it is, with no success... :/

hello, whereabouts is it you live? My partner can hear a noise he has been describing like that for almost a year now and it drives him absolutely crazy!!!! We've also turned off electricals, asked people who come to ours if they can hear the noise too. We've been driving/walking round at midnight and 5 o'clock in the morning to try and find what it is, with no success... :/

Without giving any personal specifics, we live in the South West of Sheffield. PM me if you are interested in the exact location if you are also in the same region. Its strange as some days/nights, although the noise is there, it is bearable and we have got used to it. Where some times, it is loud enough to disturb. When you go outside...perfectly silent!

:roll:hi what you need is some one with good hearing to be with you and listen at same time to give there opinion only to happy to help if you live south sheff :love:

Your neighbours could be growing cannabis in one of their rooms and what you can hear is the extraction fans.

He may seem a decent neighbour and people growing cannabis don't always look dodgy.

:confused:Is it a shared main water service that would create a noise when next door turns a tap on or his washing machine comes on turn his and your stop taps off to eliminate There is also a device for scaring cats off that can makes humming noise Is there anything with a battery in house A friend of mine had similar problem was shared water service :love:

Our house is an ex-council and in the past I think it did have a shared heating system (and shared water supply??). However the row of houses are all now privately owned and each of us has our own heating system and water supply.

So not sure if that is what is causing the problem spider1?

I was hoping someone may also have had this problem in the past and be able to advise me on what the problem could be...

Basically, for a few months now we have been hearing a constant low frequency vibrating/humming noise in the house. It started off all of a sudden one day in the early hours of the morning, as it woke both myself and my partner. We thought it was our next door neighbour (we live in a terrace house) turning on an air-con machine or something but I have been round since to ask them if they have any appliances like this turned on and they said no (they are decent people, so have no reason not to believe them). They even said they couldnt hear any vibrating/humming noise in their house when I asked them.

Some days/nights, the noise is quieter and bearable, however, other times it can be so loud the noise is over our TV and it also causes sleepless nights. I have unplugged all my electrical appliances and even turned off the Mains board but the noise is still there.

Ive done some reading on the internet and this problem does seem to be experienced by a few people, but no one has ever published a solution or cause of the noise.

Im going to get an electrician/plumber to come and do some investigating, but before I do, I was wondering if other people have had (or are having) the same problem and if they ever found out what the problem was.

I get buzzing from the fridges next door, nothing I can do about it unfortunately. Moving house seems like a good idea as it's causing me problems sleeping.

At least I know what's causing it though.

Have you tried localizing the sound? See which rooms it's louder in, stick your ear on the wall and see if it's coming through that way (it is for me, you can clearly hear it through the party wall).

Hi Cyclone, yeah ive tried to find out where its coming from exactly but without any luck at all. Its almost like the sound is coming through all of the wall (if that makes sense?).

This is "The Hum". It has been around for 40 years and it is getting steadily worse. There are millions of people around the world affected by it these days. Look up: Bristol Hum, Taos Hum, Kokomo Hum, Largs Hum, Yahoo Hum Forum, Google Hum Sufferers, Mast-Victims Microwave Hearing, Windsor/Essex Hum on Facebook. It has nothing to do with mobile comms by the way, that is just a smokescreen. We are being subjected to this abomination by massive corporations and the cause is being kept secret. Welcome to the nightmare. This is one conspiracy that is not just for the paranoid.